Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB - Location of Meter box

• 16-05-2005 9:46am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Just a heads up and a question.
    The meter box for the ESB - I have the hockey stick in for the cable to the meter box, only had raft poured saturday.
    I then got the ESB welcome pack on Friday and read it Saturday night, it details postion of meter box.

It now states that the meter box has to be within 2M of front of house,
    so heads up for anyone building in case they missed the point,
    also do the ESB really push this issue, based on guys experience here???

I can move it no problem, just wondering are they really sticky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Outdoor Meter Cabinets
    Must be located on front of building or on side of building within 2 metres of front line of building. Otherwise ESB will refuse to connect.

http://www.ecssa.ie/view_newsletter.php?newsletter_id=6

Best to do it right. Cover yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Jeepers,

Our meter box is on the back of the house!!!!

But, what are they gonna do? It wasn't a planning condition, so feck them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Our one is located about 1/2 metre from the front line of the house. Also every one that I can think of is in the regulations there. I think if you can keep it in the regulations then you should. There may be a small chance of trouble for you if you don't follow the regulations but if you do it correctly then you won't have to worry about that

Advertisement