Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool (scores)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

holy sh1t... imagine the amount of riding going on tonight in liverpool....

The place will be overflowing with kids in 9 months....

all that semen ;)

hey does anyone know
    - how many text messages did jesus_that's_gre get at half time??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Didn't they change the rules about keepers having to stay on their line two years back? I'm sure Dida at least will have no complaints about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

What an incredible match.

The agony and the ecstacy of the beautiful game.

Tactical suicide from Rafa in the first half leaving Hamann on the bench and giving Kaka the freedom of the pitch. But what a turn-around in the second half. And then a penalty shoot-out. Me nerves :eek:

Well done the Pool. Lets hope it's the first of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    all that semen ;)

hey does anyone know

32 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That was a great comeback from Liverpool.

The best ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    all that semen ;)

hey does anyone know

lol he nearly wrote it out the same amount of times here

anyway congrats to the pool i was gonna turn on jaws 3 but ffs 15 mins later i was on the edge of my seat and i aint in a pool fan

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In a European final, definitely, but there have been countless other, more extraordinary comebacks in variosu leagues and cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Kewell is off !! but what was he doin on the pitch in the first place??.. Milan look very strong tonight. I will be very surprised if liverpool get back into this game
    How the game turned around from posts like that.

Unbelievable second half, Milan collapsed and the Pool took their chance.
    A night to savour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

so many doubters, so many posts to quote from, so much gloating to do, so little time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Yeah like you knew you were gonna win at halftime :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

they'll tell you that though.

despite standing in a pub with the quietest soccer fans ever at HT they'll still turn raround and say they knew they had it in them.

20% went home after 45mins. bandwagon brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What a game. What a comeback, best ever.

Haman was the game changer there, bloody excellent he was. Carragher is just getting boringly brilliant now. What commitment from carra, goes down with injured groin, gets back up and stretches himself again for a clearance, I'm totally convinced he'd stick his head between foot and ball for the cause. Garcia's commitment was great too, he ran the b*****ks off himself.

Gerrard was brilliant at RB for the last 20-30 mins, best RB in England :) atm.

HAve to give credit to Dudek for his saves.

Have to say, the pub was great. there was an everton fan sitting with us, and at 3-1 he stuck on a pool shirt over his everton one and cheered as much as the rest of us, respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Brilliant stuff. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What did Eamon Dunphy have to say about it?

Hamann completely changed the game.

quarryman wrote:
    they'll tell you that though.

despite standing in a pub with the quietest soccer fans ever at HT they'll still turn raround and say they knew they had it in them.

20% went home after 45mins. bandwagon brigade.

What so you expected them to be all happy and jolly at half time while loosing 3 nil..

What would you have said if they said Liverpool would come back and win it. For some reason I doubt it would have been "god, you are such a loyal supporter and I admire your optimism in the face of such a one sided half"..

No you would have laughed in their face more than likely.

So don't talk sh!t!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

My mate is at it, cost him 900 to go, the nutter, will be the best nite of his life though that's for sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Oh ****in jesus just in the door,
    I mean this is just unreal.
    will talk tomorow

Razor Ruddock was just talking bout a future third eye for soccer AM , didnt see it myself, was too buysy getting drenched in champagne. When Gerrard was lifteing the cup, Carra was away to the left, tried to lift his hands and celebrate but was too sore with his groin and was holding a bar to stay up. Carra is a bloody legend who puts his body on the line for the club. He's Liverpool through and through, what a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

My girlfriend's brother was at it...gonna try and get a programme for me. seemingly the queues were massive for them

Dudek is a legend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mere words can't do an magical event like that justice, so I'll try it with a picture. http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/43/432/432779/r_epa.jpg

Champions of Europe, would never have believed it at half-time, my mates had to convince me to stay and watch the second half, we were played off the park by a stunning Milan side. How Benitez got that last final push out of them in the second is beyond me - you could see how exhausted they were come extra-time. Strangely enough when penos came, I was very calm - just knew they were going to win it. Beautiful, truly beautiful. I don't think I've ever cried in a pub while hugging a total stranger before. 18-5.

• Advertisement

Jaysus....Gianluca Vialli was there as well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,750 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RuggieBear wrote:
    Dudek is a legend :D

He sure is now :D

The only one from the pool that deserves a medal for tonight's performance though imho - MOM 10/10

How did the ref not see through his dance patterns though? Astonishing :eek:

unkel wrote:
    The only one from the pool that deserves a medal for tonight's performance though imho - MOM 10/10

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Carra was amazing again, threw himself in front of everything, it would have been 5 or 6 had he not been there, then he gets injured but carried on battling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I think he jumped off his line for every peno, but I didn't noticed til the 3rd one lol.

just like dida a couple years back then...

at 3-0 down i was unhappy but i strangely didn't give up or have the slightest urge to leave
    hat off to smicer and dudek, they get a lot of (deserved) stick, but they did us proud tonight

i dont think its sunk in yet, number 5 :D

Virtual hugs for all Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

H-O-L-Y F-U-C-K !!!!!!

Unbelievable !!!!

What a roller-coaster night of emotions, from the disaster start, the disaster first half, the depths of despair, to the resurgence, to the having them onthe run, to the to the energy draining end. And then, the nail-biting penalties.

There were hero's out there tonight - hero's.

Liverpool deserve this, 21 years of waiting.
    Trophy No. 5.

Incredible.

I dont care about not winning the league since 1990. This is the key trophy to win. Liverpool, champions of Europe, again!

redspider wrote:
    The result of this game is nearly impossible to predict ....
    3 - 3 80/1 ....

Who would have predicted that, and at half-time and 3-0 down, who would have predicted a Liverpool win on penalties.

Un****ingbeleivable ....

Redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

the throphyless mcmannaman ( coca cola cup doesnt count ) and redknapp years were worth the pain, tonight will go down as one of the most memorable nights in my life

el rabitos wrote:
    the throphyless mcmannaman ( coca cola cup doesnt count ) and redknapp years were worth the pain, tonight will go down as one of the most memorable nights in my life

Redknapp was the club captain in 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Thank feck that's all over, Liverpool are the European Cup holders for the fifth time - long over due. I bored the arse off of a few Italians in the pub at half time about how Liverpool were going to come back. New Popes, Wales winning Grand Slams, Men in Red vs Men in White - Nevermind that shiite. 3-0 is nothing when Djibril Cisse can prove the physios and medical staff wrong there is always hope. They left the pub at 3-2 unfortunately.

Bye, bye Milan Baros enjoy life in Spain you miserable schmuck. Heard a few interesting stories today - will try to post them in the next few days when I'm a little less under the influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Champions League Yer Having A Larf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Ohhhh eat it. All of you. Together. Through a straw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Started watching the video tape again, a few snippets:

Andy Gray's comment after Crespo's third goal:
    "Its all over, and I hate saying that"
    In reality, he loved it!

RTE half-time highlights text:

Maldini Goal - 1st min
    Crespo Goal - 28 mins
    Crespo Goal - The Clincher <
    !!!

The Video editor nails his colours to the mast.

At Half-time
    Brady: "It could be a humiliation now"
    Giles: "Gerard usually dissappears in the big matches Bill. He's nowhere, nowhere to be seen" .... "Anything can happen in the 2nd half"
    Dunphy: "What Liverpool did wrong was ......."

To be fair to Dunphy, he gave Liverpool some chance of the match before the kick-off, thought at half-time that 3-0 was too much, and then at 3-3 commended Liverpool for their tenacity and effort.

For God sake people it was 3-0, you never believed it was possible so stop taking the piss out of everyone else who didn't either.

The fact that EVERYONE thought Liverpool were dead and buried just adds to the achievment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Just home.
    My God, never thought I would see Liverpool European champions in my lifetime.
    3-0 down at half time I admit I had them written off as dead and buried I thought it might be 5 or 6. Jesus, though getting it back to 3-3 and winning on penos...
    I'm not ashamed to admit I broke down in tears afterwards. Forget my Barca sig, I've supported the Pool my entire life, this was just overwhelming.
    Somebody pinch me cos this can't be real.

I'm pinching...

I got hugged by random, fat shirtless guys. Its nights like this that I'll cherish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

stfu stfu stfu stfu stfu sll you man utd/arse/anti_pool fans

GWAN THE POOL!! TEKKIT!!!!

Champions of Europe for 2004-2005!! w00t!!!!

what a comeback!! i was having nightmares of a 5-0 thrashing but NO!!!! tekkit!!!

**** Utd in 99, this p0wns it tbqfh!! No hope at half time and to come back and win is an amazing achievement.

I'll know in the morning if I'm dreaming :)

LIVERPOOL FOREVER!!!! trophy is ours lads :D

[edit]
    I got hugged by random, fat shirtless guys. Its nights like this that I'll cherish.

ditto. :D

I hugged back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I hugged back.

I assumed so cos I did too!!

LIVERPOOL!!! **** sake I don't know what to think right now.

atmosphere in the pub was mighty tonight!

I was pretty depressed at 3-0 but as soon as Gerrard scored I knew it was our night. If only I had the balls to get Djimi Traores face tattooed on my ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You know what they say about luck, when it happens all the time it ain't luck no more :)
    ****ing hell, town was covered in red shirts tonight, everybody going around holding up 5 fingers :)

How many were you holding up? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

5 aswell, but signifying something else :)

lol

I'll settle with finishing fifth and being crowned European Champions. It could have been worse, finishing trophy less.

I'm searching this thread for the ideal quote for my signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

By god what a match. Liverpool deserved it after coming back from what looked like a finished match. Dudek even redeemed his slightly erratic performance.

Incidently the commentator said at the end that it was a game of two halves. It was actually four ;)

Well done Liverpool.

P.s. I wonder what the new cup will look like now that Liverpool get to keep "big ears".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Well done Liverpool, well done indeed great comeback, great spirit, great grit, at half time i thought it was over like so many but again you should me why i love this club so much, we just never give up and if we are going to lose we lose fighting.
    Got to say i was on here at half time reading comments from some of the LFC hates and i was cringing but after the Pens i came back and was looking again and what a change

Liverpool FC, 5 times european Cup winners (this time we keep it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Hats off to Liverpool - I cannot believe one team can get so much luck in 1 match.

Perfectly good goal for Milan disallowed - Gerrard played the ball through in the tackle.
    Prior to first Pool - the linesman had his flag up for offside and though Milan never got the ball back he took it down.
    Dida making a hash of Smicers shot.
    Gerrard diving for the penalty and getting it, then the penalty save falling nicely for Alonso.
    Shevchenkos miss.

Shame they can't defend it :p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i was just given a heads on on a well used Man Utd forum, now not saying there bitter but check out the link:-

Click Here for bitter Mancs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Feck the Champions league final, is Finnan going to be fit for the Israel match???

BTW - Its the Hamann/Lennon type players that are the most important in a team. Sven G Eriksson still can't see that as he persists with Gerrard and Lampard in the centre. Only a matter of time before it comes back to haunt him... again.

TheMonster wrote:
    Hats off to Liverpool - I cannot believe one team can get so much luck in 1 match.

Perfectly good goal for Milan disallowed - Gerrard played the ball through in the tackle.
    Prior to first Pool - the linesman had his flag up for offside and though Milan never got the ball back he took it down.
    Dida making a hash of Smicers shot.
    Gerrard diving for the penalty and getting it, then the penalty save falling nicely for Alonso.
    Shevchenkos miss.

Shame they can't defend it :p

If you want to talk about luck, watch the first leg of Milan - Inter, they should have been dead and buried in the tie or at least missing Shevchenko for the semi's. Now stop being bitter, it was deserved. We beat the top two teams in Italy and the Champions of England in the last three ties, this was no easy title.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement