Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool (scores)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eirebhoy wrote:
    Feck the Champions league final, is Finnan going to be fit for the Israel match???.

It doesnt matter, Kerr is a gimp and still thinks Carr is a messiah even after having a bit of a shocker this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    It doesnt matter, Kerr is a gimp and still thinks Carr is a messiah even after having a bit of a shocker this season.
    He's suspended. Breen and Dunne are injured. O'Shea is shíte. we're screwed. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

TheMonster wrote:
    Hats off to Liverpool - I cannot believe one team can get so much luck in 1 match.

Perfectly good goal for Milan disallowed - Gerrard played the ball through in the tackle.
    Prior to first Pool - the linesman had his flag up for offside and though Milan never got the ball back he took it down.
    Dida making a hash of Smicers shot.
    Gerrard diving for the penalty and getting it, then the penalty save falling nicely for Alonso.
    Shevchenkos miss.

Shame they can't defend it :p

Dunno why I'm even bothering replying to you as you're obviously looking for a reaction. But don't be so stupid! It wasn't luck, it was pure grit and determination that won it for Liverpool and fair play to them. A fantastic match and real out of the seat stuff.

Congrats to the Pool!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Due the excessively large hangover im currently suffering I have concluded it is all not some part of a beautiful dream. At 3-0 at half time never did I think it could have turned out so well. The hell that is penalties I dont know how me poor old heart didnt pack up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

TheMonster wrote:
    Hats off to Liverpool - I cannot believe one team can get so much luck in 1 match.

Perfectly good goal for Milan disallowed - Gerrard played the ball through in the tackle.
    Prior to first Pool - the linesman had his flag up for offside and though Milan never got the ball back he took it down.
    Dida making a hash of Smicers shot.
    Gerrard diving for the penalty and getting it, then the penalty save falling nicely for Alonso.
    Shevchenkos miss.

Shame they can't defend it :p
    ha.ha.ha

Thanks for that laugh.

European champions, Wh0000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Well done Liverpool, a great match and a great result.
    Will HK ever play for the team again?
    Wouldn't it be funny if you didn't get to play in next year's though? ;)
    (even though you do get the trophy)

Anybody know what odds betfair were going Liverpool to win the cup at half time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I am still shocked tbh and emotionally drained. I have to say as an avid manu fan, congratulations to our great rivals liverpool, an absolutely amazing performance and maybe the best Champions League final I have ever seen.

okidoki987 wrote:
    Will HK ever play for the team again?

Hopefully not, him and baros can go and form a new team for pansy, alice band wearing gimps who dont like to be tackled.

Actually, what was up with theMialn players for the penalties, everyone of them looked scared ****less, not good for some of the best and most experienced players in the game. Dudek looked on top form and Grobbelaar-esque.

bbc.co.uk wrote:
    Ladbrokes reported that over 100 people backed the Reds at half-time to win - despite them trailing 3-0 - and at odds of 100/1.
    nice return. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

This wasnt one of the great Liverpool sides but hopefully now Benitez will rebuild the side into what Liverpool used to be all about. Its going to take a few seasons thats for sure :):)

Its a real shame that they cant defend their trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

What a night. I'm still in shock. I still don't know how we won that match. Beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Joke TBH

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Joke TBH

Bitter tbh.

Its no joke son [/angry policeman]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Stekelly wrote:
    Bitter tbh.

Spot on tbh ;).

The best comeback I think I've ever seen - what a game, what team spirit! It's truly something that money can't buy... Dudek was absolutely incredible after the first half - though I can't see him remaining too long at Liverpool :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

first off let me said congrats to liverpool and all liverpool fans

and also that we probably all got to witness what will be referred to for the next 20 years as the greatest european cup final ever, also its great to see a premiership team win it, pity they wont get the chance to defend it but i have a feeling chelsea might win it next year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

amp wrote:
    P.s. I wonder what the new cup will look like now that Liverpool get to keep "big ears".

...exactly the same.

The cup has been 'kept' by a few clubs in the past who have managed to win it 5 times.

As far as I know, the current European Cup that liverpool get to keep is only a few years old...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Brilliant Screw The Begrugers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

the penos:

shevchenko looked petrified. you could tell by looking at the guy that he knew was going to miss. he rushed the shot i doubt he even picked a side, result being it went straight down the middle.

one thing i have to praise liverpool on is outstanding sportsmanship throughout the game. I don't think there was a nasty tackle in the entire 2 hours. congrats are due.

Also I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the staff at the Merrion Inn for their patience with me, and I hope their insurance premium doesn't rise too steeply as a result ;)

But seriously - Carragher should be Irish. Look at him for feck sake!

I couldn't be happier. I know plenty of ManU fans shouting for Liverpool last night (there was even one at my table).

The night brought back emotions of Ireland beating Romania on penalties, of Ray Houghton scoring that goal, of Collymore closing in. In a year when Greece are the European Champions its fitting that the underdogs have done it again.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Also I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the staff at the Merrion Inn for their patience with me, and I hope their insurance premium doesn't rise too steeply as a result ;)

I couldn't be happier. I know plenty of ManU fans shouting for Liverpool last night (there was even one at my table).

The night brought back emotions of Ireland beating Romania on penalties, of Ray Houghton scoring that goal, of Collymore closing in. In a year when Greece are the European Champions its fitting that the underdogs have done it again.

Well put :)
    Now anyone know how i can get to liverpool cheap b4 6? :)

egan007 wrote:
    Well put :)
    Now anyone know how i can get to liverpool cheap b4 6? :)
    swim :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Just found out that I guy I play football with (an Arsenal fan) lost €10000 on the game last night. LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

10k?!!!

did he put the money on AC to win at HT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

haha 10k, what was the return on that, evens ?
    so he was doubling it up. I can imagine him at half time....then 15mins later ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Is it true that we get to keep the cup as it is our fifth win..

Just wondering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

:o he must have money to burn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s22/e6885/live_lng2_spo22_evt6885_mtc109331_alllive1.shtml

Something for Liverpool fans who might want to relive the night from work (If ya went in this morning)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OMFG,i am not afraid to admit it ,i simply cannot stop crying when looking at all the TV reports and websites today.
    Totally incredible night.
    To all the constant doubters all season here on boards ,HAHAHAHA YOU WERE WRONG SO VERY VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Hearty Congratulations Liverpool and their fans here on boardsie. Fantastic rollercoaster game of football that will go down in history. I'd love to see the heart-attack statistics for last night and the number of new babies born in 9 months time in Liverpool called Steven or Jamie or Jersy !!!! :D

My kids are totally confused now . . an avid ManU fan donning his black ManU shirt screaming like a fooking loonatic when our arch rivals in Red - Liverpool - scored the 3rd goal . . . priceless !!! The psychiatrists bills will be huge !!!

A great nights entertainment lads and a well deserved victory for the 'Pool. The only downside is we'll be hearing about this for the next 50 years from Fishy :rolleyes:

ZEN

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    He actually does look very Irish. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

8 hours and one banging hangover later and it still hasn't sunk in. Champions of Europe in the best final ever seen in the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

OMFG,i am not afraid to admit it ,i simply cannot stop crying when looking at all the TV reports and websites today.

Me and you both matey :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've just read this whole thread :D

Fair play to Liverpool, congratulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oh my god im just so proud of the 'pool today!! Was absolutely gutted at half time, really thought there was no way back. Was always a slight glimmer in my mind we could come back but id be lying if i said i actually realistically thought they would, but by god what a 2nd half performance.

Carragher. what can i say other then immense. Man of the season before tonight but the way he puts his body on the line time and time again is just incredible!

Was delighted for gerrard as well, he's had a tough time of it. If you look at it from his point of view, he was obviously totally torn between wanting to do the best for his career but also to stay loyal to his club. Could see him getting cold feet about leaving when he pulled out of the 2house deals in london and i think last night made the decision for him. When the itv interviewer asked him about next season and his face kinda changed to be tense and he just said he'd be sitting down with the manager and rick parry to talk, then went away a lil bit, came back and said with a big smile on his face "its looking good though". Wonder if he would have stepped up for final pen if sheva hadn't missed..guess we'll never know...

Just absolutely delighted, last night was the happiest i've ever been in one burst in my life - amazing!

And finally i read through all the posts from when i left work yesterday and i must just give a big THANK YOU to all the people who, be they man u fans or whoever, gave their support to liverpool and also the congrats after the match - Much Appreciated!

And to those like The Monster and [DM]-TheDOC- i feel quite sorry for you for wanting to take away other peoples happiness at a time like this. No need to be so negative, luck didn't win liverpool the champions league, determination, effort, heart and results against Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan did. And lets also remember liverpool were the only team this year not to lose a single match in the Champions League this year, something milan could not have said even if they had won yesterday.

WELL DONE THE POOL!!

~Rebel~ wrote:
    And to those like The Monster and [DM]-TheDOC- i feel quite sorry for you for wanting to take away other peoples happiness at a time like this. No need to be so negative
    AC Milan have a few fans aswell I think. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Originally Posted by bbc.co.uk
    Ladbrokes reported that over 100 people backed the Reds at half-time to win - despite them trailing 3-0 - and at odds of 100/1.

I hope that was to win the trophy and not 90 minutes as the 90 mins would have been a loser :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Champions League winners 2004-05!!!!!!!!!

Wow…..if somebody hadn’t seen the match but read a report they would have though it was a work of fiction! That match last night was a advertisement for soccer, the agony, the ecstasy, the drama …it had many non-football fans hooked. Liverpool did not have a team of superstars but money can't buy grit & character and not a lot of teams would have came back from 3-0

Rafa: Surprise team selection but up made up for it, rallied the troops and turned things around.

Carragher: what can i say f*$%ing Legend. Man of the season before tonight but the way he puts his body on the line time and time again is just incredible!

Gerrard: Brilliant second half, gave everyone a lift

Dudek: learned Grobelars video off by heart, brilliant saves

P.S. Imagine if Hamaan started………..

Lets hope we don’t have to wait over 20 years for the next one

So where can i get the wallpaper???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I am a nuetral football fan last night and if I am honest I wanted Liverpool to win because im always up for the underdog.

But this I gotta say to all you people out there saying liverpool deserved to win. They didnt. Liverpool did not win that match Milan threw it away and Shevchenko produced one of the worst misses I have ever seen. the first save was excellent the second one wasnt he knew absolutely nothing about it shevchenko had the whole net to aim at and still amnaged to hit dudek with the ball. It was worse than schoolboy stuff.

Th game should have been dead and buried but Milan threw it away. The second goal should have been saved by dida no doubt about that.

I can not beleive that Milan lost that game it wasnt as if liverpool started playing excellent they didnt mialn just lost the plot totally.

Liverpool have got to be the worst team ever to win that trophy and I guarantee all of you they will still finish a maximum of 4th next year in the premiership this has no bearing on how they are going to be next season.

Dont get me wrong the greatest respect for them winning but all teh hype and excitement around the match has blinded too many people about what actually happened. the honest people out there will agree that shevchenko missed an absolute sitter it wasnt a great save it just hit and also they threw the game away.

But football is football and liverpool won the game so congratulations to everyone involved with the club especially Rafa Benitez who is an excellent european manager.

It will be a long long time before they win the premiership though and they are by no means the best team in Europe. The best team does not always win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Much as its Hurts to say it, well done to the Pool, I never thought they'd do it but when they reached the final it seemed inevitable. Enjoy it guys and never say that United fans can't be gratious! I enjoyed the game in a kind of perverse way, I think I need a shower!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

okidoki987 wrote:
    I hope that was to win the trophy and not 90 minutes as the 90 mins would have been a loser :(

yep....i just got my bet refunded. Didn't pay enough attention to the whole "result over 90mins" thing.....bugger.

My kids are totally confused now . . an avid ManU fan donning his black ManU shirt screaming like a fooking loonatic when our arch rivals in Red - Liverpool - scored the 3rd goal . . . priceless !!! The psychiatrists bills will be huge !!!

Fair play to you man fair fooking play.
    Nice post .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I hadn't opened this thread until just now and I have to say speeding thru it's like looking at one of those animated flick-books where the line-drawn face changes from a smile to a frown and back again all over a handful of pages.

It was entertaining in itself to see all the ABL schadenfreude at 3-0 turn into grudging praise at 3-3 and then swing back to bitterness when the magnitude of Liverpools achievement finally sunk in. At the same time and all the Liverpool hope turn to pain, humiliation and acceptance at 3-0 only to turn back to disbelieving joy at the final whistle. All this condensed into the short time it took to read this thread. :)

Fair play to Liverpool for producing a comeback that you'd have scoffed it if you saw it in a Hollywood movie. I don't think I've ever seen a game quite like it at this level ... probably never will again. I always thought the 1999 final would go down in history as 'the ultimate comeback' final but somehow this has eclipsed it imho. Also it's nice to see a football club (albeit a huge one) that's still in touch with it's community (and ending in FC) take the big one! Gives hope to us all!

BTW what were you all doing sitting here posting during the game anyway? I couldn't take my eyes off it for a second! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Oh What a Night .... Oh what a hangover ... European Glory for the Pool once more .. Should be able to attract some top players for next season now ...

Pigman II wrote:
    BTW what were you all doing sitting here posting during the game anyway? I couldn't take my eyes off it for a second! :)

makes for some interesting reading for the rest of us!
    LizardKing wrote:
    Should be able to attract some top players for next season now ...

time will tell - i'd say Benitez has a good idea who he wants and is keeping his cards close to his chest.

• Advertisement

thanks for wallpapers link,but anyone know where i can dload the goals?maybe that awesome 20 minute spell and the penos?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement