Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool (scores)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

mike65 wrote:
    Should'nt we have a fresh thread for the game and aftermath?
    Strong suggestions that Kewell will play behind Cisse from the start!
    http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_objectid=15555872%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=kewell-in-running-for-shock-inclusion-name_page.html
    Of course this could well be a blindside maneuver by rafa.
    Mike.

No, lets keep it on a single thread, "the Before, the During, the After, the Everything" of the CL final.

I also heard reports of the Kewell/Cisse thing - did it not start yesterday? It should be a ruse alright. It wont phase Milan. I think everyone including the other players would be surprised if he names those two in the starting line-up, or even one of them! Cisse is an ideal sub for this type of match, and Kewell later on, if needed. Benitez will need to keep his options open depending on whether extra-time is an option or not. If we are a goal down with 10 mins to go, he may as well put on Kewell.

By the way, Benitez has confirmed that he wont name the team until 6:45 (Irish time), an hour before kick-off.

The tension is building now, I'm sure the players are feeling it in both camps, Liverpool more so as for many this will be the biggest game of their careers. For many at Milan, they have been at this level before.

I have my fingers doubly crossed that the likes of Dudek doesnt make a mess of it, or the defence ends up in such a position that it leaves a one-on-one between Hyppia and Shevchenko. Carra should have a good game, but that will most likely be needed.

The game can go either way, betting money is still heading Milan's way due to their experience and calibre, but like any two horse race, anything can happen and favourites often lose.

Another factor on the night will be the 12th man. Liverpool support will be at least 30,000 and could be 40-45,000 (many have ferreted their way over there) so it may feel like a home game. That support will lift Liverpool players hearts and minds and may internaly depress the will of Milan.

A lot will depend on the players attitude, and confidence level. If players strart bricking it they are doomed. If Benitez goes for a fast tempo start, full court press as it were, then that should play into Liverpool's hands.

Redspider

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I have a feeling its going to be a terrible match, 1-0 to either liverpool or milan, milan should do it though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well said super_furry.
    Two words come to mind ,Typical and Jealousy.
    Two small words back HA and HA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed, but I'm happier with where United are than Liverpool, but thats neither here nor there.

Redspider, you say they will have 12th man, support of circa 40 k, where do you think the other 40k are gona be rooting for :)
    Milan fans can make some noise too, it won't be at all like a home game, for a home game atmosphere you need a 8:1 ratio at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I have to say my heart is racing at this stage and i'm brickin it

I just don't know what to be thinking but hopefully it will be our night
    For me Liverpool's key players will be Carragher (for obvious reasons)
    and Alonso the pass master - he can land the ball on a 1cent coin from fifty yards
    If he can display his passing range like we know he can he could be the one to unlock the Milan defence

G'wan the fcukin Pool YNWA

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Redspider, you say they will have 12th man, support of circa 40 k, where do you think the other 40k are gona be rooting for :)
    Milan fans can make some noise too, it won't be at all like a home game, for a home game atmosphere you need a 8:1 ratio at least

We'll have to wait and see what the numbers actually are, but a similar example of where support can help at a neutral ground was the World Cup with Ireland against Italy at Giants stadium in New York (well NJ). It doesnt have to be 8:1 to feel like you are on top. All you need is a louder crowd, and you can do that with even less than 50%. If the players see mainly red, and hear mainly Liverpool support, it will help them.

I agree the Milan support will be fervourous, but the battle of the stands is an important one, and can help a team and some players particularly. I wouldnt be surprised if support was 60% Liverpool, 30% Milan and 10% neutrals.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Milan have aparantly failed to sell their allocation and returned 2,000 tickets. Sky News were saying tickets could be bought at the stadium last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Last post till tomorrow, COME ON THE POOL YOU CAN DO IT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It will say they're the Champions of Europe. It's hillarious really - when Man United won it in 1999, Liverpool fans were told it was a much tougher competition and produced a much higher standard of opposition than when the Reds won it 4 times.

That's right, 99 was an exceptionally tough year. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I see Alonso used to play Gaelic when he spent a summer in Kells :) :
    “I played Gaelic Football with some of the local boys. It was very different, very physical. It was great to come to a different country and different culture at that age. I was 15 and it was the first time I had ever left Spain.

I enjoyed the Gaelic Football and watched it on television too. It was very fast, very tough. Maybe they should wear crash helmets.”
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthefield/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17468

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I can barely take it now. I'm constantly checking my watch to see what time it is and how much longer is left.

I'll have to take some opium just to stop from having a heart attack during the match..

COME ON THE POOL

1> I have to say my heart is racing at this stage and i'm brickin it
    2> I can barely take it now. I'm constantly checking my watch to see what time it is and how much longer is left. I'll have to take some opium just to stop from having a heart attack during the match.

Sit down and have a beer or two - opium is likely to increase your chance of a heart attack!

Players will be feeling nervous too but they can at least run it out of their system in the warm-up and should (should) be fine after a few minutes on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Unfortunately a couple of minutes could leave the pool a couple down if AC come out of the blocks fast. Would love to see the pool start as they did against Juve all in and hunt in packs for the ball. Anyway, fingers crossed, shirt on, off to docks in a while, should be fun. Am on call, hope that everybody I work with are watching the game too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Luis Garcia, Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Riise, Kewell, Baros.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah you beat me too it (koptalk!)

========Dudek,

Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore,

Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Riise,

===========Kewell,

======Baros.

I presume

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I hope thats shepherds pie in my knickers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Kewell ?? WTF ?? I thought I would never see him again in a 'pool jersey

No Inzaghi whatsover, talk about depth!!!

Dida
    Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini
    Seedorf Gattuso Pirlo Kaka
    Crespo Shev

4-4-2, thats a scary line up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

very surprised that the rumours were true. Thats Gerrard back controlling the game. Although the Arsenal game did confirm that that was his best postion. Further two outlets in Garcia and Kewell will surprise the Milan Manager IMO.

Baros will play off the shoulder of the CBs now. He can be played in more than having to hunt for the ball. Which is all good. Not as stable at the back though.

This is my last post for a fortnight. Which means whatever happens this thread will be getting a bump then. :D

So lets have it... g'wan the pool

mike65 wrote:
    Ah you beat me too it (koptalk!)

========Dudek,

Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore,

Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Riise,

===========Kewell,

======Baros.

I presume

Mike.

Is Baros starting ahead of Cisse?

• Advertisement

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

PHB wrote:
    No Inzaghi whatsover, talk about depth!!!

Dida
    Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini
    Seedorf Gattuso Pirlo Kaka
    Crespo Shev

4-4-2, thats a scary line up :)

Having just seen the old fella coming in before we goto the local with dyed red hair is a scary line up anything after this is tame :-D

Cisse to come on and terrorise the tiring Milan defence at 65 mins.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

best of luck to liverpool i hope they win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Gwan' da Pool !!!

Translation:

Good luck chaps !!! Hope ye do it ! :)

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Milan! Milan! Milan! Milan! Milan!

You see Kewell, crying with tears? Thats nice
    Lets see what he does when maldini stamps on his toes all night :)

Good luck chaps, chocks away.

Mike.

Gogoogogogoogo

Milanannananannananannanananannananananannan
    Maliiniinnininiininininj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

yes!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

oh dear !!!

What are the odds on a thumping :)

Kewell is limping, wouldn't mind but he has been ok so far. Liverpool need to get tighter on Milan in midfield or they will get skinned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Kewell is off !! but what was he doin on the pitch in the first place??.. Milan look very strong tonight. I will be very surprised if liverpool get back into this game

Smicer is coming on. They are doomed !!!

• Advertisement

Kewell is off !! but what was he doin on the pitch in the first place??.. Milan look very strong tonight. I will be very surprised if liverpool get back into this game

Nicely whistled off the pitch as well. I'd be surprised to see him in a pool jersey again.

Garcia is one hell of a muppet for giving the ball away. Pool are lucky its not 2-0.

he was never off thats a good goal disalllowed for Milan.

Yep should have been a goal. Well this ain't going to be a no goal game unlike last Saturdays eh ;)

Where's Alonso? The ball is pinging from defence to Baros on his own.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

gandalf wrote:
    Yep should have been a goal. Well this ain't going to be a no goal game unlike last Saturdays eh ;)

LOL
    Don't get me started.

Jaysus so much for Gerard he is anonymous so far.

2-0
    Its Milans title.
    Class is just totally showing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

oh Yes !!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Poor old pool .

Dammit cmon Liverpool score and make it interesting !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Muppet wrote:
    game over

bit early for that...

Really?
    3-0

This is picking me right up :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement