Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Championship

• 16-05-2005 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

sorry ... I screwed up in what I was saying originally....

so .... I'll just ask this, who do you think will be World Champion come next wrestlemania

odds on Triple H obviously

but I'd love to see it on Kane, he might not be as over as some, but he has been consistently popular for years, while others have had their popularity drop (thinking orton in particular here) pretty quickly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually dont see Triple Naitch going to WM as champ next year, but I do foresee him winning the title at Wrestlemania. My reasoning for this is simply that he has lost the main event for the last two years, and he will be wanting to straigthen that out somewhat.

AFAIK he has now lost at 4 Manias to the Warrior (in record time), To Taker, to Benoit, and to Batista most recently.

I see Benoit as champ going to Mania, after he beats Edge for the title at Survivor Series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Yeah, I can only see Hunter winning the title @ WM22, probably going over Benoit or Edge. I'd love to see Y2J back in the mix but we probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I dunno if id like to see Benoit and Hunter have a build up into mania. Hopefully if Lita ditches Kane as is predicted Kane will go badass and win the title down the line after he terrorises the roster again. Then have Kane Vs. Hunter at Mania.

For some strange reason, a Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho match just popped into my head.

Anyway, I'd like anyone but HHH and Batista to be in the main event. But particularly Benoit, Edge or Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

big show after he gos to raw in the draft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

One last title run for Ric Flair would be great - maybe in an angle against HHH in a kind of master takes on the pupil match. It's not often you get to see two guys with 27 world titles between them (as it would be if Flair was champ again) going at it.

If not Flair then Christian - I'm looking forward to their match on RAW tonight, should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The smart money is on Shelton Benjamin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ How so? I would have thought that would be a very poor bet.

While his in-ring work is very solid, you see his 'overness' on a weekly basis on Raw, or sadly, lack thereof. Giving Shelton the belt at this stage in his career, or even in the next 12 months would be very poor business on the WWEs behalf.

Perhaps if his persona improves tenfold, but not as he is currently. Look at what happened Orton? Do we really want the same to happen Benjamin? Besides, look at what he is doing for the IC strap at the moment. He is finally giving it the credibilty it needs, and I, for one, would like to see his reign last a few more months yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

How about a 1st ever Triple Threat Iron Man Match with Angle,Benoit and Eddie??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

As cool as that would be at first though I doubt there'd be many falls. It'd still be cool though. But no hunter and I'd say he'll most likely be involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

There was only one fall in the michaels/ bret hart one and thats was a classic. If anything i found it a bit more believable than the one rock and hhh had a few years ago when it finished 11-10 or something when it usually takes 25-45 mins for one pinfall to occur!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

Kurt angle Vs HBK II!

Keep Hunter out of the main event for once please and let these two absolut legends go at it.

I do have a feeling they may have the main event as something never seen before though. Theres no stipulations in wrestling anymore. (apart from this I quit match)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    ^^^ How so? I would have thought that would be a very poor bet.

While his in-ring work is very solid, you see his 'overness' on a weekly basis on Raw, or sadly, lack thereof. Giving Shelton the belt at this stage in his career, or even in the next 12 months would be very poor business on the WWEs behalf.

Perhaps if his persona improves tenfold, but not as he is currently. Look at what happened Orton? Do we really want the same to happen Benjamin? Besides, look at what he is doing for the IC strap at the moment. He is finally giving it the credibilty it needs, and I, for one, would like to see his reign last a few more months yet.

I agree it would be poor business and I think a talent like Benjamin should not be rushed but I do think he will be given a big push by the WWE. Look at Orton this time last year and he was in a very similar situation to Benjamin. The difference is that Orton was a flop but the original plan was for Orton to win the Rumble instead of Batista. I would wager Benjamin will win the 2006 Rumble as I imagine he'll lose the IC title soon and will either go through a heel turn or else be kept as a face and given some interesting feuds but I'm sure he will be kept on the verge of a main event spot and ultimately will become the first black person to win the Rumble and then the title.

Like I said though, I would be very uneasy about this as I think they have handled him well so far and rushing him would be risky. If I had to put money on it though I'd say Shelton Benjamin but if I could choose myself I'd have RVD win the Rumble and then take the belt at WM22.

Advertisement