Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'm out in Cobh and the prices there are always outrageous - so I won't fill up there - but when I occasionally forget and it's pointing towards Empty - I'll stop at the local and get something like €3-€5 worth - which is enough to get me to work and fill up elsewhere on the way home i.e. Mayfield/Midleton/Douglas - depending on where I am. Maybe if people did this, or just boycotted the expensive stations, they'd lower their prices.

A few months ago I did ask a TD why this practice was allowed - that surely there should be a set price - as people who live in the sticks ie. where there is only one station for miles are totally ripped off - alas - doesn't look like anyone wants to cross the Petroleum Shop Boys! J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

97.4 here in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TattyTeddy

cheapest ive seen is Carrigaline by Lennox's. 98. something

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

97.9 Texaco, Model Farm Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anywhere less that €1 at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

flyz wrote:
    I got mine for 97.9 in the Top Station in Blarney yesterday. :)

This is the place that was charging 106.5 when everyone else was charging 97.9 and was one of the most expensive petrol stations around for most of last year. Has done a U-turn now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I went to the Dunmahon Esso yesterday and nearly freaked when I looked behind me and saw something like €1.05. Is it that much across the board atm?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya very common, even that place advertising budget petrol on the model farm road is 102.9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Crazy. My bus was just starting to get slightly more economical, presumably because of the pre-NCT full service. Now I'm back to nearly €70 a fill again.

adam

That Peugeot place near Dennehy's X is now 106.9/litre.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Saw 109.9 petrol, 105.9 deisel today, trying to remember where,might have been Maxol at bottom of Donnybrook hill or Statoil by Kinsale roundabout.
    Is that a record?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Rippy wrote:
    Saw 109.9 petrol, 105.9 deisel today, trying to remember where,might have been Maxol at bottom of Donnybrook hill or Statoil by Kinsale roundabout.
    Is that a record?

It's been 109.9 for awhile in Turners Cross Motor's, maybe that's where you saw it?

Yeah could have been, scary alright! I might even have to slow down...between the price of gas and the guards revenue raising attempts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Rippy wrote:
    Saw 109.9 petrol, Is that a record?

nope - it's 111.9 in Cobh.

Saw a place in Millstreet yesterday - 114.9!!! People were actually filling up.

115.9 in the ESSO in Ballyvolane. Thief :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Its only 103.9 in the Amber and Campus stations in Charleville - they always seem to be around the cheapest!

reic wrote:
    Saw a place in Millstreet yesterday - 114.9!!! People were actually filling up.

Many people would still be filling up if the price was 214.9.
    They will continue to put there €20 of petrol in at the same station they have always used, without even noticing the price. Also how many petrol stations in Millstreet 1? maybe 2.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

104.9 in Shell Douglas..

• Advertisement
Advertisement