Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lords Prayer

• 16-05-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Kentucky Fried Chicken is losing money as a result of McDonalds and Burger King opening up all around the world. So Colonel Sanders goes to visit to Pope to ask for help in rectifying the situation. "Your Holiness", says Colonel Sanders, "I will give you $20,000 dollars if you will change the wording of Our Lords Prayer to "Give us the day, our daily chicken". The Pope says, "I'm sorry, but there is no way I can change the words of Our Lords Prayer".

A few months later, Colonel Sanders comes back to the Pope and says, "Holy Father, my business is losing more money and I'm going to have to let staff go, I will give you $50,000 if you change the words of Our Lords Prayer to, Give us this day our daily chicken". Again, the Pope says he's sorry, but he can't authorise changing Our Lords Prayer to, Give us this day our daily chicken.

Another few months pass, and Colonel Sanders decides to make one last attempt with the Pope. So over he goes to Rome again, and says to the Pope, "Holy Father, things are really bad now and I really need to save my business. I will give you $100,000 if you change Our Lords Prayer to, Give us this day, our daily chicken". This time, the Pope says he'll arrange a meeting with the Cardinals and see what he can do.

So the Pope gets all the Cardinals together and tells them. "Lads, I've got good news and I've got bad news for you. The good news is Colonel Sanders has donated $100,000 to the Church. The bad news is, we've lost the Pat the Baker account".

Comments

Advertisement