Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you look for in a house?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

I was talking with a friend about houses and we spoke about what was important to us. We didn't come up with Kitchen or bathroom which is apparently what is the most popular ones.

So what is the most important to you ?
    Before people start saying location and price lets just assume you have enough money and it is where you want.
    Mention what you actually want in the room e.g. kitachen with a dining area for 6 etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Big kitchen with plenty of intelligent storage & if there's no utility room, space for 3 undercounter appliances. A separate but adjoining dining room with enough space to comfortably seat 8-10 people

Spacious living room, not in a long rectangle shape - an off-square shape is much better for conversation & furniture grouping, preferably facing onto the back garden (kitchen in front) so your leisure time is private

A very large master bedroom with at least 2 x 3 door wardrobes - any less and you will have problems finding enough space to stash your stuff (trust me on this!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Lots of storage space, preferably an easily accessable attic (stira etc).

Big games room with space enough for pool table plus sofas with projector setup.

Elec sockets everywhere :) Trust me after living in quite a few houses now I've never not had the need for adapters and extension leads.

Big kitchen come living/dining room. Some people hate this but i've always liked the idea of the kitchen being the focal point of the house, and always hated that whoevers doing the cooking etc is basically excluded from the conversation when people are round cause they're all in the living room. I'd love to have a huge open plan room with kitchen at one end and dining room/living room(in a semi-conservatory) at the other.

Advertisement