Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 MMS

Options
  • 16-05-2005 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had a look at the above sticky and clicked the link for o2 to send my MMS settings. I got them and saved them and tried to send a MMSmessage. When I send it it just saves it in the outbox to be sent. It doesn't send and when I look at the message sender cc and sent are "not available"

I have a nokia 3100 and sent the right message from the o2 site. What am I doing wrong?

The "G" flashes in the top left and the message icon twirls. Then I go to the main screen of my phone and it says message sending failed.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

if all the settings are correct and you have activated the correct mms profile then check out below

1)coverage issue
    2)GPRS capacity issue on the serving cell
    3) GPRS not provisioned on your HLR profile.
    4) You are not setup correctly on your operators MMS platform

No matter which of these is the case call up your operator and start with number 3. ask "Can you confirm I am enabled for your mms APN" if the answer is yes go straight on to number 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks, whats number 2 about? How would I check that?

cormie wrote:
    thanks, whats number 2 about? How would I check that?
    well you may have coverage but the cell might not have capacity for your GPRS session, voice calls will take preference so if the cell gets congested mms might not work.

Most operators allow a couple of timeslots for dedicated gprs sessions so this should never occur. Id say 3 and 4 are more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

cormie wrote:
    I have a nokia 3100 and sent the right message from the o2 site. What am I doing wrong?

hi, did you have a read of this sticky also:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

if so what did support say?

Ok thanks for that, is there any way to check 3+4 without ringing them up? Is it 1471 I ring?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    Ok thanks for that, is there any way to check 3+4 without ringing them up? Is it 1471 I ring?
    That was a reply to JM's post. Thanks for the link Dub, I did look at the sticky before making this thread, the Irish Operator Setting one. and used the link there to send the settings to my phone but still have problems. I'll ring them so on 1747;)

thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I get it sorted when I get around to rining them

cormie wrote:

no way of checking from your side unfortunately (no easy way). It is very simple for them to check though. Im not sure what their helpline number is as I am not an o2 customer. Give them a shout should only take 5 minutes.

Advertisement