Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just one partition...

Options
  • 04-11-1998 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Erm, I have a win95 system, but have about 2 gig spare, but I've only got one partition. How safe is it to use a partition divider to create another partition for linux? Will I probably end up scrubbing my HD?

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

You should be fairly safe using a partioning program like fips or linux fdisk once you've defragmented your Windows 95 hard drive (and moved everything off to one side).

But do you already have two partitions in your hard drive if one of them is a 2 gigabyte partition? Windows 95 can't cope with larger than 2 gigabyte partitions anyway so sounds kind of strange to me...

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Check out:

ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/pub/unix/Linux/slackware/slackware/INSTALL.TXT

Hey aren't you that traitor that liked the other board - shame on you :-P

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Cheers ears... I have Win95 sp3 or so, and it doesn't seem to mind my 4gig HD. Cheers for the advice... I'll try it on ol' bessy tonight.

PS I love the way your board looks, but I do like being able to see the threads and the messages all at the same time. Just being picky really... btw, are you playing the IQCL?

Advertisement