Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting wavs onto your phone

• 16-05-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    Anyone out there know how to transfer wavs onto a mobile phone to use as ring tones?

I've got a Siemens SL65 and a DCA-510 USB cable. I've tried putting 6 sec snippets onto the phone using the provided transfer software but when I select the new wav file as a ring tone all I get is "Playback failed".

Is there a particular wav encoding process to get them to work on the phone? I've used Nero Wave editor and Goldwave to convert the files but neither worked.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

What format did you convert the file to? Did you try MP3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 quando

Yeh I've tried using Mp3 but my phone won't accept that format either. The ringtones on the phone are in midi/wav/srt format.

I've read that the wav file needs to be created a particular way, which I'm not too sure of, I thought wav was just wav. Haven't tried the midi or srt formats as they're not as good, so there's no point in using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

quando wrote:
    Yeh I've tried using Mp3 but my phone won't accept that format either. The ringtones on the phone are in midi/wav/srt format.

I've read that the wav file needs to be created a particular way, which I'm not too sure of, I thought wav was just wav. Haven't tried the midi or srt formats as they're not as good, so there's no point in using them.

Sorry, I have a Nokia myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 quando

It's ok, you don't have to be sorry about it ... ;)

Advertisement