Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo you crazy b*stards.

Options
  • 16-05-2005 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

What the hell is this!

I think it could be cool, especially gyroscopic controls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reminds me a bit of those old Konix controllers (the blue gunshaped ones, not the armadillos) from the late 80s, and how hands got tired after 10 minutes use. I'm worried.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

:eek: super monkey ball 11 :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Look very fake especially those controllers. I wonder how some sad people have the time to create these mock ups. The first mistake they all make is to do them in dreadful CG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

So like, where'd you hey the pics.? The controlers look like they would be good if pulled off well but that they would be hard to pull off well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

SWEET!!!! I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE NOW

Does anyone know if they will run cube games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the Nintendo powerglove MK2, now with Halo beating double fisting action.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Nice attempt at the logo.

Everything else looks horrible...

Glipmac wrote:
    SWEET!!!! I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE NOW

Does anyone know if they will run cube games?

Backwards compatability has been confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I still want one when are they out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Glipmac wrote:
    I still want one when are they out?
    You don't know any more than its general size and that its backwards compatable and you want one. :confused:

And that pic makes it look like it has a slot loading drive, which is can't have as the Revolution discs are supposed to be bigger than the Gamecube discs that it is also supposed to be able to play.

As for the controllers, I don't think I'd be able to co-ordinate my limbs to the degree that those things would require. And exactly which finger is supposed to reach that big springy looking trigger button? I don't think anything other than my thumb or index finger would be able to press it in with any great force over a long period of time. These are clealy designed with some form of alien creature in mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

And that pic makes it look like it has a slot loading drive, which is can't have as the Revolution discs are supposed to be bigger than the Gamecube discs that it is also supposed to be able to play

Slot loading drive has been confirmed.
    Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59082

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

And that pic makes it look like it has a slot loading drive, which is can't have as the Revolution discs are supposed to be bigger than the Gamecube discs that it is also supposed to be able to play.
    Self-loading has been confirmed too. Does self-loading = slot-loading?

edit: bah, too fast for me Rew :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's the Nintendo powerglove MK2, now with Halo beating double fisting action.

"I love the Power Glove. It's so bad"
    Lucas (legend!)

I wonder what they mean by self-loading...

It'll be an impressive engineering feat to get two different sized discs to work in the same slot loading drive.

haha... Self-loading... that sounds a bit too much like self-loathing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Self-loathing has been confirmed too. Does self-loathing = self-hatred?

They say that after 24 straight hours of gameplay you'll want to kill yourself... painfully. I can't wait!

As said above, the logo looks cool.

Self-loathing has been confirmed too. Does self-loathing = self-hatred?

They say that after 24 straight hours of gameplay you'll want to kill yourself... painfully. I can't wait!
    You have to learn to pun faster than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

it looks like all consoles are moving back to being white colour, I wonder what colour PS3 is going to be.

and btw, those controllers, look like they are very comfy

• Advertisement

It'll be an impressive engineering feat to get two different sized discs to work in the same slot loading drive.

not in the slighest, my pc has a drive with an extra recess cut out for 8 cm discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

not in the slighest, my pc has a drive with an extra recess cut out for 8 cm discs.

Thats a tray loaded drive though, the slotted drive is akin to those found in cars, where there's a thin slot and you just push the disk in, the engineering difficulty one would assume would be to stop the smaller disks in the correct place when it is pulled into the drive.

Now there's a thinker :D;)

CyberGhost wrote:
    it looks like all consoles are moving back to being white
    We only know the Xbox360 is white.

sprinkles wrote:
    Thats a tray loaded drive though, the slotted drive is akin to those found in cars, where there's a thin slot and you just push the disk in, the engineering difficulty one would assume would be to stop the smaller disks in the correct place when it is pulled into the drive.

Now there's a thinker :D;)

my bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

my bad :(

Don't beat yourself up about it :D

As afore mentioned, the xbox is the only one that's confirmed as white. PS3 should be interesting to see what they go with. I do like the idea of customisable facia's though. Wireless controllers seems to be the standard too (which is a big incentive imo)

Ciaran500 wrote:
    We only know the Xbox360 is white.

isn't the picture Gilbert posted real?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

tbh, that console looks like it's a modified mini mac.

The controllers could work well, but I dont know if I'd be able to operate them well when theyre not fixed to something like a joystick is or like the way both hands hold a normal controller in one place.

CyberGhost wrote:
    isn't the picture Gilbert posted real?
    lol, its giblet. :p

There just I'm not sure if they are real or fake, but I think they look fake. It resembles the recently released mini mac to much, and its silver in that pic ;)

lol sorry!

don't know why but I always red it as gilbert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i heard that the controllers will be like nothing before, so perhaps we can expect to see something like this?
    i cant wait for e3.

Advertisement