Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Where You Going Graduation Night??

Options
  • 16-05-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

hey, just wondering what date everyones graduation is on??? and if your planning on going out to town that night?? ours is the 24th of may, its a tuesday, so thinking that town might be a bit crap!! all on for barcode on thursday tho!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Thursday 26th May. All going to Gallaghers in Cork with the teachers as tradition dictates. Great larf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

we've a sixth year party arranged was 20e for a double ticket bit mad but they are actually serving alcohol this year so shud be good craic!! mines the 25th may! in drogheda!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We've booked somewhere for us all to go to, I can't remember where, but it's €5 and it's only for our year (which is a bit crappy, as I would have liked to bring friends)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

D-Generate wrote:
    Thursday 26th May. All going to Gallaghers in Cork with the teachers as tradition dictates. Great larf!
    Ah hkyeeees!
    Shallst thou be bringing thine own dancing shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Cool_CM wrote:
    Ah hkyeeees!
    Shallst thou be bringing thine own dancing shoes?

Been practicing my groovy moves infront of a mirror for the past year. Me and you mate! Me and you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

tuesday24th- we all heading to cork with some of our teachers as tradition goes too....however it a tues...wud perfer a thursday..oh well i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

plans..

watch everyone get pissed at some dingy pub and then go home depressed and full of orange juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

why do you plan going home full of orange juice if you dont mind me asking?
    Are you stuck being designated driver? I hate that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

looks like there'll be a lotta people out in cork on tues 24th, ours is then too....but thank god we'll be minus the teachers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Our school organised a reception at old wesley :( At least the bar will be open for those with I.D. Chances are everyone is gunna buger off and go somewhere else real early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bootgal

Our isnt until september 16th- i think!Long time to wait but at least i have enough time to look my best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

you're not graduating until september??...that might be a bit impossible since you will more than likely have started your college course by then! we've got two nights this week but our formal one on sunday night and we've got lilly's open jus for us, but with most of the year bringing dates there'll be about 300 so can't wait!

Only Human wrote:
    Our school organised a reception at old wesley :( At least the bar will be open for those with I.D. Chances are everyone is gunna buger off and go somewhere else real early.
    What school are you in?

Fishie wrote:
    What school are you in?
    High School, Rathgar. :( Why?

I was just wondering if you were in my year, cos I think our school has Old Wesley booked too. Blah. But you're not! I'm in St Andrew's

Fishie wrote:
    I was just wondering if you were in my year, cos I think our school has Old Wesley booked too. Blah. But you're not! I'm in St Andrew's
    Oh right. Ours is booked for Wednesday week and we're being kicked out around 10pm or something so you might be there on a different day or something or later on. Either that or it'll be a mixed thing. Who knows. Our whole years gunna buger off anyway and go to that place where the foxrock lad killed the chap accidentaly. (Anabells I think?)

Can't Be Arsed to PM but did you know a girl from the UK called Dania who used to be in your school for a year or two?

Ah, ours is Thursday week. I'd say we're all gonna go out somewhere else after as well cos Old Wesley kinda sucks, also it's just for our year, which also sucks. No, I don't know anyone called Dania, would she have been in a different year to me?

Fishie wrote:
    Ah, ours is Thursday week. I'd say we're all gonna go out somewhere else after as well cos Old Wesley kinda sucks, also it's just for our year, which also sucks. No, I don't know anyone called Dania, would she have been in a different year to me?
    Yeah she was more than likely in a different year. I don't realy know for sure, can't remember. Meh, who cares! :) Agreed, Wesley sucks bigtime. I wasted my Junior Cert night there and I've never been back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Shyster wrote:
    looks like there'll be a lotta people out in cork on tues 24th, ours is then too....but thank god we'll be minus the teachers!!
    ah after 6(or 5) years you gotta go on the piss with the teachers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Graduating this Thursday (19th) - Dollymount House, on to Bar Code and then on to town after that. Can't wait for it, 'tis gonna be brilliant!

su_dios - Lillie's? Open just for ye? What school are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Our Grad Mass is tomorrow night, then we are all going across to the Huntsman (teachers' lunchtime haunt, Galway) with teachers and parents, and then we are fragmenting into littlke self-centred groups and going to Boo Radley's, GPO, etc.

Our Grad Mass is tomorrow night, then we are all going across to the Huntsman (teachers' lunchtime haunt, Galway) with teachers and parents, and then we are fragmenting into little self-centred groups and going to Boo Radley's, GPO, etc. My first time in a night-club, and on possibly the busiest night of the week, so I don't know what to expect and am a bit apprehensive!

Cool_CM wrote:
    ah after 6(or 5) years you gotta go on the piss with the teachers!
    When that happens in our school one of the young female teachers (Infact it's the same one each time) always get's caught up in the moment with a student. It's happened about three or four times now that a teacher has met a student at a Teacher Student piss up. Once with a 5th year!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

ours is on the 24th 2!!!! cant wait to b finished skol, mite c u barcode too, wwwwhhhhhhoooooooo!!!!! 4 days left!!!! gna go wild on tuesday, if u see sum guy running round singin "is this the way to amarillo" pist, ya no its mise!!! yeee haaaa!!!
    have a gud one evrybody!!!! indeed it will b!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

we went out on wed night to Bojangles on Harcourt st. - was really excellent!! Its a fairly small club so it was just our year there, and it was all nice and cosy. Also its amazing how much nicer some people are with drink on them(wouldn't usually go out with a lot of them...) and how much funnier.... No one got sick (miracle!) and everyone was (relatively) sober for our graduation mass/dinner/concert thing with the parents and teachers!
    Was a FANTASTIC night! Can't wait til the debs...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

25th.

The Vault.

Supposed to be a kip.

Meh, **** graduation anyway.

OK, so mine passed off without incident. I know what (I think it was The Smiley One!) said about people being nicer. I talked to people I never talked to before and all the cliques and everything dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Our school is gay. First of all they organised that we graduated on Friday the 13th.And on the day before the graduation our principal rang the place we booked in town to inform them that there were underage students going in tonight and to keep a look out. They had extra security on the door and took it upon themselves to inform every other club in the area what they had been told. Long story short **** all people got in only those that had valid ID's and everybody got split up into 101 different places. Great night but it would have been better if we could have stayed together.

Word of warning if ya dont have id and are contemplating goin in forget about it.And if ya have a brothers/sisters ID theyre well wise to that aswell prob wont get away with it unless ya look really alike.Usit student cards dont work and even the provisional liscence is dodgy for gettin in.
    Passport,garda ID and Full liscence is the only way. If ya dont got one and your not 18 your best bet is your local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

A lot of my friends had fakes and borrowed IDs which looked NOTHING like them but everyone got in! One of the IDs said that my friend was 22.... and another of my friends got her date of birth wrong when they asked her.... and both of them got in! They knew we were coming so they MUST have known people were underage but everyone got in without a fuss...
    That is soooo scabby on the principle to ring up - nothing to do with him!

Yeah, Rredwell - its really wierd isn't it? Like, people who I normally wouldnt touch with a barge pole were really nice and sound, I suppose its cuz they know there's not much time left and everyone was in a really good mood...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

My mate had a fake drivers liscence.He was nearly in and all until one of the bouncers asked him what do ya drive? He said i drive a car! and the bouncer said Anything else? he said no and the bouncer laughed. The liscence said he could drive a truck towing a trailer with a net weight less than 12000Kgs. It was comical we had a great laugh about it.

Advertisement