Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 3 coaches this season

• 16-05-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

who have been your top 3 coaches this season?

heres mine anyways
    (1) Fabio Capello
    (2) Mourinho
    (3) Benitez

Article on Capello by goal.com

When I heard he had taken the job at Juventus I knew the Old Lady was in for some success. It would be premature to say Juve will win the title this season but after their wonderful win against the Rossoneri, they are odds on favourites. Emerson, Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic gave a new spine to a team that craved new blood. If Juve do indeed win the title it will be a fantastic achievement. A mostly injured Trezeguet, and an up and down Del Piero hasn’t stopped Juventus topping the table for most of the season, with arguably an inferior squad to the close competition.

Although undone by the tactically brilliant Benitez in Europe, Capello has cemented his position as the top coach in world football. It is ironic that Mourinho, a budding master, also lost out to the Spaniard’s tactics in Europe this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well the season is'nt quite over, but so far (until Liverpool win CL) my top three are

Robson
    Moyes
    Mourinho

after we lift the cup * cough :)* I'll put Benitez ahead of the Chosen One.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1. mouriho
    2. Moyes
    3. Allardyce/ robinson tough choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Off topic, but Mike. I had a horrid dream last night about the final. We were losing 3-0 with 20 minutes to go, Baros made it 3-1 in the 75th minute, then Gerrard 3-2 in the 80th and I think it was Nunez who got sent off for moaning at the referee in the 85th minute. Time ran out and we lost.

I wonder what odds I'd get for everything I dreamt about to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Off topic, but Mike. I had a horrid dream last night about the final. We were losing 3-0 with 20 minutes to go, Baros made it 3-1 in the 75th minute, then Gerrard 3-2 in the 80th and I think it was Nunez who got sent off for moaning at the referee in the 85th minute. Time ran out and we lost.

Please let it be true... :D

My top managers:

Moyes
    Robson
    Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I dont know why so many people think Robson has done so well.

Yes keeping WBA up was a big achievement but they were not doing that badly before he took over. They were 3rd or 4th last then, with 9 points. His record of 6-11-12 is not great.

He took them on a woeful losing streak before putting any sort of results together.

The main factor in them staying up is their competition has been so poor. Its the worst 4th last points total in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Surely its

Mourinho

Wenger

Ferguson

:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Robson
    Moyes
    Allardyce

in that order , amazing season by all three guys they can only improve oh fall dramitcally from grace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My top managers:

Moyes
    Robson
    Mourinho

Not sure what order I would put them it but these three are definetly the top 3. Moyes was my manager of the season until WBA survived relegation..

I think Sam Alderdyce should get a mention in this thread somewhere..

Also, if Benitez manages to win the CL he will certainly be up in the top 5 but still wouldnt put him at the top. Liverpool have been shocking in the PL this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sarge wrote:
    all three guys they can only improve oh fall dramitcally from grace :)

Really sticking your neck out there aren't you. Sure you dont wanna add "or stay the same" to that just in case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I had a nightmare too last night...Milan won 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Moyes: with the squad and class of players and all the tormoil after the Rooney transfer to get the team together and put in a great first half and then to have the heart ripped out of the team in Jan adn still make it into the CL has been a great display this season.

Allardyce: Big Sam is the man!!! building a good squad and have watched a few games this season and they actually play some decent footie.....

Sturrock: sacked by Southampton(and as Keane done on Sunday points downwards and waved....lol.....good man Keane they deserve it and there Chairman) and then goes to Wed and has to overhaul the whole team to get them back into wages budget.....then after some great loans and getting the team up to the automatic places he loses the loan players and best strikers is out for rest of season still manages to get the team into the Play-off final with a very young team(cant remember average age but very few over 25) has been a very good display......also the team was 16th last season and we lost our best players(Quinn, Geary and so on)

Not sure why everyone is saying Benitez, Fabio Capello, Wenger, Fergie and so on.....look at the amount of money they have spent on players......a better manager is surely someone who can mould a team of players picked from here there and everywhere into a team capable of getting good result and having a good season?????

Not including Mourinho cause he is a funny f**ker! lol.....

Advertisement