Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Hi Speed -> UTV BBand problem

• 16-05-2005 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I am having a problem getting the DSL light on the UTV router to stay constant (indicating it is ready for DSL traffic). UTV have confirmed the line test passed and they have switched on the service.

Prior to this I had Eircom Hi-Speed and of course they charged me to downgrade the line when I cancelled it for UTV. However, noone actually called out and Im wondering could the fact the the HiSpeed is still wired into the main phone socket be causing the problem ?

There is eircom Phonewatch in the house too which could also be the prob but just want to eliminate this one for now. Any feedback very welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dessied wrote:
    I am having a problem getting the DSL light on the UTV router to stay constant (indicating it is ready for DSL traffic). UTV have confirmed the line test passed and they have switched on the service.

Prior to this I had Eircom Hi-Speed and of course they charged me to downgrade the line when I cancelled it for UTV. However, noone actually called out and Im wondering could the fact the the HiSpeed is still wired into the main phone socket be causing the problem ?

There is eircom Phonewatch in the house too which could also be the prob but just want to eliminate this one for now. Any feedback very welcome.

I cant be of assistance to you on the technical side but you should be aware that UTV would not have taken you on as a customer if you had told them that you had phonewatch that is there policy - so I am not sure where that leaves you in trying to resolve the issues you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dessied

Thanks Dub45, I figured this could be a problem alright. Damn damn damn ! Its actually my folks that are trying to get it in and I know there is another phone jack in another room so might try and see if I have any joy with that one. But I think you're right about the phonewatch - Ive heard people with Eircom bband having problems because of Eircom phonewatch....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

do i search on broadband and phonewatch.... my understanding is that all the phonewatch alarm will do is disconnect your BB connection when it is triggered. But like i said do a search on boards, i've definitely read a thread about it in the past

Advertisement