Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone or meteor responsbility

Options
  • 16-05-2005 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

i bought a sagem v55 3 months ago from the vodafone online store. last week i switched over to meteor (kept my 087 number). now my phone is broke, i'd say it's the microphone. no one can hear me when i talk. i emailed vodafone and they said because i'm with meteor it's not their responsibility anymore. is this true??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You bought the phone from Vodafone so of course it's their problem. I can't believe they told you that! Go into a Vodafone store with your receipt and they'll send it away to be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

bring it to a mobile phone repair centre like the MPRC in Sandyford and they will repair it for you under the manufacturers warranty agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I know it's unbelieveable. this is the email:
    Dear Mr X

Thank you for contacting us with your query. Please accept our
    apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

As you are now a Meteor customer you will need to contact them with
    regard to handset problems.

Yours sincerely

I don't have the receipt, i bought it online. Although I have a record of the transaction on my credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Thats ridiculous, the Director of Consumer Affairs will set you straight but that shouldn't even have to come into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

step1.

walk into a vodafone store ask them to send your phone for repair

step2.
    answer th easy questions the agent will ask you "is it under a year old ? "

step3
    leave

course they have to fix your phone can you forward that email onto me i would like to see it for myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

Thats ridiculous, the Director of Consumer Affairs will set you straight but that shouldn't even have to come into the equation.
    it is unreal I mean you bought the handset from them and its now in need of repair.

To be honest though even if you were still with VF I would advise you to take the handset directly to where they are gonna send it anyway as if you dont they will post it off and it will take days rather then hours to get it back. MPRC in Sandyford rock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 R Ramirez

AntiRip wrote:
    i bought a sagem v55 3 months ago from the vodafone online store. QUOTE]

The very fact that you bought a Siemens phone is fatal mistake in itself.. Pieces of rubbish they are and almost every model that they release have faults in one form or another..

Did you approach Meteor about sending your phone off for repair. They are your operator now. The phone is under warrenty.. It makes no difference whether you switched operators.. What did you expect Vodafone to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

R Ramirez wrote:
    AntiRip wrote:
    i bought a sagem v55 3 months ago from the vodafone online store.

The very fact that you bought a Siemens phone is fatal mistake in itself.. Pieces of rubbish they are and almost every model that they release have faults in one form or another..

Did you approach Meteor about sending your phone off for repair. They are your operator now. The phone is under warrenty.. It makes no difference whether you switched operators.. What did you expect Vodafone to say?

Sagem not Siemens. And no, you're totally wrong about that. He bought the phone from Vodafone. Therefore it's Vodafone's responsibility. Things like MMS, GPRS, SMS, coverage, voicemail etc all Meteor's responsibilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There's no question about the fact that the Vodafone online store, like any Irish retail outlet, will have to honour the normal terms of guarantee. It's nothing to do with Vodafone customer care. If you get no where, ring vodafone HQ and demand to speak to the Vodafone online store people.

If you get no where, send a letter of complaint to the store and a copy of it to the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs.

Was the phone sold unlocked ? Or did Vodafone unlock it for you?

I don't know how vodafone's contracts deal with unauthorised unlocking of a phone. There's nothing illegal about it but I'm sure they probably have some contractual thing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 R Ramirez

RachG wrote:
    Sagem not Siemens. And no, you're totally wrong about that. He bought the phone from Vodafone. Therefore it's Vodafone's responsibility. Things like MMS, GPRS, SMS, coverage, voicemail etc all Meteor's responsibilty.

Apologies, it was a Sagem.. They're even worse than Siemens!. Furthermore, I did not say that it wasn't Vodafones responibility. Please re-read my post. A customer care rep see's you as switched off from their network and advises you to go your current provider.. Either way, the quickest way to resolve it is to your nearest Post Office and pick up a free Sigma addressed padded envelope (or the MPRC) and send it direct to them. Sigma (the MPRC) will fix it and send it back..You recieve your phone and everyones happy again.. Why cause yourself heartache for nothing?

The warrenty on your phone is manufacturers warrenty not a network warreny so cut out the middle man to speed up the process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement