Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giggs and howard sign new deals

• 16-05-2005 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=176066&itype=466&icategoryid=123

im a small bit surprised by this. i thought giggs had a poor season overall. he had some good spells but generally he hasnt performed this year. and its been the same the last two seasons. but really what this means to me is that fergie is prepared to stick with the old crew for next season.

i just dont feel the likes of keane scholes and giggs can still out perform the top european/domestic teams, as was proven against milan and indeed chelsea. i would like to proven wrong though.

as for howard, he proved he is a good goalkeeper, he just needs to find the form again, all it could take is one fantastic save and he gets the boost he needs to be back to his best. i doubt this means united wont sign another gk this summer though.

jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think Howard signing a new contract surely indicates the end is nigh for Carroll. As much as he wants to stay Im sure United will sign a keeper and push him back into the reserves. At 27 he needs to be establishing himself as a No.1 somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Id imagine alot of deals united do this summer will be money and players...united need money off the books aswell, we're not chelsea. So i'd hope he'd move to what ever club we get a keeper from....wonder if niemi will move now? maybe not to united but im sure lots of prem teams would have an eye on him...maybe untied could get given, newcastle could get niemi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

although he has made some mistakes, carroll is a good goalkeeper. he would make a great signing for some premiership team, especially on a free. but his days at united must be over, unless as stated above he wants to sit it out in the reserves.

im happy for howard though, i thought it was cruel the way he fell from grace and im sure he can get his form back.

who will play in goal for united in the cup final? im nearly sure its carroll but can there be any doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think Howard signing a new contract surely indicates the end is nigh for Carroll. As much as he wants to stay Im sure United will sign a keeper and push him back into the reserves. At 27 he needs to be establishing himself as a No.1 somewhere.

i tohught carrol didnt want to stay though? afaik he was offered a contract extension but didnt sign it as he wants to be playing first team football.

carroll made a u-turn and decided he wanted to stay in the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ah didnt hear that.

Bit stupid of him.

yeah i thought it was a tad bit arrogant in the first place to be demanding high wages. but a certain slip against milan thought him that like many others before him that when you build yourself up, be prepared to come crashing down.

Advertisement