Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those with PSP's...what you make of it after owning it for a while now?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well...? What ya think? Dissapointed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Not at all. Fantastic machine. Sturdier than it looks too, I was sooo careful with it at first but now it gets thrown around as much as my phone does..

Mercury is fantastic, that pretty much hasn't left my system in a while, but Lumines and MGA are good too. I got bored of Ridge Racers pretty quick - thats still the game for showing off the console though!

Have watched movies on it off the Memory Stick, bit more of a fad than anything useful to be honest but nice feature to have. Mp3 player is good. And best of all in the last week I've been able to get Gameboy and SNES emulators! Thank god I didn't upgrade my firmware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm very happy with mine. Is mainly use as a video player at the moment as I'm broke and haven't bought a game since release :/

Hopefully a new job will remedy that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I plan on getting my mits on one of these any day now, but I'm just wondering what the best game to get would be? Or do you get a pre-set game with a value-pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I ordered twisted metal head on and nba street for it on ncsxshop.com for 100 dollars. I hope my psp comes this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

qz wrote:
    I plan on getting my mits on one of these any day now, but I'm just wondering what the best game to get would be? Or do you get a pre-set game with a value-pack?

there is no real 'stand out' game at the minute that any two people could agree to being the best, but rockstars 'Midnight Club: Dub Edition' (i think this is the name) is being released June 13th and looks mighty good.

as for me, i have my psp 2 days now and the most fun i've had with it is changing the colour of the screen! (no games and no way of connecting it to pc) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I have mine two months now and I dont know how I managed without it its brilliant, still blows my mind.

I had spiderman 2 & while it was good it's a game you'll play once and never again. I also have Ridge Racers and while it looks great I'm not a huge fan but never have been.

I'm going to Canada next mont and hope to get FIFA, Wipeout, Midnight Club and hopefully a 1gb Memory Stick if I can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I've had a PSP since last December. I still play it every day. It still rocks.

Wipeout is my favourite game.

- Oh and the new levels are out this Wednesday! (for wipeout) - I'll be downloading via my neighbours wireless broadband

MUAAHAhahaahahaAHaHA.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wow impressive!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've had a PSP since last December. I still play it every day. It still rocks.

Wipeout is my favourite game.

- Oh and the new levels are out this Wednesday! (for wipeout) - I'll be downloading via my neighbours wireless broadband

MUAAHAhahaahahaAHaHA.

Oh f**kin' A....nice one for the heads up on that. You cleared the rest of it yet? Only halfway through rapier class meself...

On topic;
    Have had mine for almost a month now...novelty's worn off a little bit but it's still a joy to pick up and play every time. I just don't get much play time these days and in my line of work it's not the sort of thing you could bring with you.
    Not having a good sized mem stick is holding me back from doing the whole movie thing and I much prefer my MD player for music.
    When the browsers for it eventually release PSP will really come into it's own for me at least...
    Still worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

rather dissapointed really
    all it is is graphics
    go with the ds for online,games and features

• Advertisement
Advertisement