Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

300SL Gullwing in Galway.

300SL.jpg

(Mate took the picture)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

300SL Gullwing in Galway.

300SL.jpg

(Mate took the picture)
    Wow - they will never look bad will they

Nope, and they will never depreciate either!!

I have heard they are hard to get in and out of, but I think I could live with that!!

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That Gullwing is not a car I would want to crash into. Quinn Direct would have a very bad day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

h3000 wrote:
    Spotted this Rolls Royce in Limerick today.

Rr.jpg
    Sorry about the photo quality only had a phone with me.
    Nice car and could be local as the registration is Co. Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Nice car and could be local as the registration is Co. Clare.

How can you tell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Nissan Laurel with original Wicklow registration spotted today in Santry.

Morris Minor 1000 spotted heading north on the R132 outside Swords.

MercMad wrote:
    How can you tell ?
    I can tell from the ZV reg. as I have the full listing for all the counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

PanhardPL wrote:
    I can tell from the ZV reg. as I have the full listing for all the counties.

The ZV reg is a system is an alternative to the standard number plate when registering a vehicle older than 30 years for the first time in Ireland. For instance instead of 69 LK XXXX you can have a reg begining with ZV just like the Rolls Royce above (previous page).

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

h3000 wrote:
    The ZV reg is a system is an alternative to the standard number plate when registering a vehicle older than 30 years for the first time in Ireland. For instance instead of 69 LK XXXX you can have a reg begining with ZV just like the Rolls Royce above (previous page).

Yes but PanhardPL knows his stuff and while I'm no expert, I believe the ZV system for 30 year + imports, is ZV and four numbers "ZV XXXX"
    It's possible that ZV 582 is an original Irish number although I thought Co. Clare was IE.
    I am open to correction on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Indeed panhardPL is correct,I also have that list,it lists the counties in alphabethical order starting with Carlow ZV 1 ,I'll put the list up here over the next few days.

hi5 wrote:
    Indeed panhardPL is correct,I also have that list,it lists the counties in alphabethical order starting with Carlow ZV 1 ,I'll put the list up here over the next few days.
    That spares me a job. Which list do you have, the first of the ZV series or the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

P1010004.jpg

Sorry about the quality,we're talking about a photograph of photocopies of photocopies here!

.......yes I know about how the system works, I have two 30+ cars, with one of each style reg. What I wasn't aware of was the existance of a list explaining the allocation !

Thanks Hi5 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭1275gt

managed (finally) to get some pics off my phone.

pulled up beside me at Aldi in Crumlin. Absolutely stunning car.
    1.jpg

Outside the VRO office in Santry, again a fine example in Mint condition!!

porsche.jpg

Finally, was on my way out of the Omni in Santry and found this yoke parked beside the Clubby!

2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭tc20

Good pics 1275.. thats your Clubman? i may well have spotted you in the last few days 'round the Delgany/Greystones area. Great nick for a '72 - good job ;)

Yes the Mini looks fantastic, always loved the Clubman, a guiy out my way had one 20 years ago, same colour, 1275 ZO was the reg. Used to roar around the place with a big straight through exhaust !

That Van is used by Cosgrave's Butchers as a promotional vehicle, has been for years. I am not sure what engine is in it though !

• Advertisement

Yes the Mini looks fantastic, always loved the Clubman, a guiy out my way had one 20 years ago, same colour, 1275 ZO was the reg. Used to roar around the place with a big straight through exhaust !

That Van is used by Cosgrave's Butchers as a promotional vehicle, has been for years. I am not sure what engine is in it though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

Wonder what 32 D 1 is on?

Wonder what 32 D 1 is on?

32-D-1 is a black Sunbeam according to Cartell. The model is unspecified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

Now I know, I can rest easy.
    I often wonder is there at least one vehicle registered for each year in each county for the last century or thereabouts... If I were to register a 40s car in Offaly would I find out someone had already beat me to it!

8~) wrote:
    I often wonder is there at least one vehicle registered for each year in each county for the last century or thereabouts... If I were to register a 40s car in Offaly would I find out someone had already beat me to it!

Well, you could go through each year on Cartell... :D

tc20 wrote:
    Good pics 1275.. thats your Clubman? i may well have spotted you in the last few days 'round the Delgany/Greystones area. Great nick for a '72 - good job ;)

hmmm, my cars in with my mechanic. he lives in greystones... :eek:
    :D thanks man.

mercmad, i saw it driving past from a distance, sounded like a modern lump in there for sure. love to find out tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭tc20

1275gt wrote:
    hmmm, my cars in with my mechanic. he lives in greystones...

Would it be one of Rodney Evans lads looking after the Clubman for you?
    They've a great rep for minis...especially well tuned ones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sadly I did'nt get a pic (no camera and indeed to real chance if i did have one) but in Gorey today I spied a UK plate Citroen CX GTI Turbo 2 Prestige, which is just about the rarest modern Cit in exisitance I'd say.

from citroenz.com
    The advent of a new flagship model, – the CX 25 Prestige Turbo 2 – however remained a flop in the UK with only 5 examples sold

http://image1.frappr.com/pics0/i/20051029/6/e/1/6e176921d6df97b5fd65467c2ae015ef0_large.jpg

Mike.

Spotted this lovely green Fiat 128 LHD just up the road from where I live. The red ZV plates make it look even better.

1ce88336ff.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

That Triumph is well sexy :D Except the Sparco seats - they're not my cup o'tea.
    Is it a 2.5?

8~) wrote:
    Just wondering, if I were to import a 1907 car (extremely unlikely, I know) and I didn't want a ZV plate, what would I get? I presume it wouldn't be 07 D ***!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

That Triumph is well sexy :D Except the Sparco seats - they're not my cup o'tea.
    Is it a 2.5?
    It's a 2.5PI OK you can tell by the black vinyl on the C pillar (Oh and Cartell says so as well! Although they do also say it's brown in colour!:eek:)

invest4deepvalue.com

Too slow with the camera *yet again* :rolleyes:
    But I saw a gorgeous and perfect-looking orange-red Vauxhall FE VX4/90 in Lackagh, Co. Galway

I saw a red Nissan Sentra in Granard, Co. Longford today. It had old red plates, but what really stood out is that the reg. plate had 'KIT' on it!

Max_Damage wrote:
    the reg. plate had 'KIT' on it!
    I've often wondered did Leitrim issue 'TIT'! :D

• Advertisement

912.jpg

Unfortunately not in Ireland but gorgeous all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

Leitrim didn't get as far as TIT by the time the new registration system was introduced in '87

Seen a 70s Corvette in Bray and a Jensen Interceptor and a Citroen DS on the M50 on sunday, sunday drives are great

Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I didn't get pics unfortunately but I saw two very nice Merc's this morning on the way to work. The first one was an '86 Convertable in White, and the second one was also white too. I don't know what year it was because it had the older plates. It was a Dublin reg though. It was a white 280S Automatic coupe. VERY VERY NICE! :)

I should really take some pics next time I see a nice car. :(

parked in the paddock in mondello yesterday. super lookin car.

24062007001.jpg

i just HAD to post this :D

anyone any idea what it is?
    19062007001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That is a fine looking automobile.

edit: I meant the red one!

1275gt: Thats a Daihatsu Hijet Camper :D

Hilarious little thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

dsc01725je0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

The "Daihatsu" has a Vauxhall badge on it:D , the Irish version was the Bedford Rascal

1275gt wrote:
    i just HAD to post this :D

anyone any idea what it is?

It's an Autohomes Bambi. Built on the Bedford Rascal/Suzuki Super Carry.
    Has two beds a cooker and a fridge!
    But isn't very stable, because of the narrow track

Blue850 wrote:
    The "Daihatsu" has a Vauxhall badge on it:D , the Irish version was the Bedford Rascal

oops, my bad. It was also sold as a Daihatsu though. easy mistake. ;)

Any gust of wind on the M50 Toll Bridge and that Bedford will be lost in the valley! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

That Bedford reminds me of those Fiat 900 Amigo campers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Bedford Rascal fan-club seems to visit Ireland every so often. The cmper version is the Bambi (ahhhhhh)

Dsc00799.jpg

This was taken last summer I think.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

qz wrote:
    dsc01725je0.jpg
    Ive seen that one (or a similar one) in Blanchardstown some years ago, savage car imo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement