Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

1275gt wrote:
    i just HAD to post this :D

anyone any idea what it is?
    19062007001.jpg
    We used to call the van version a sliced pan van down my way because that's all you'd fit in the back.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jrar

I'm a beginner at this lark, so not sure if the attachments will show/work but here goes.........couple of nice old cars seen in France earlier this month.

Ford Taunus (Saintes) 0607.jpg

Renault 6 (Pons) 0607.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

macplaxton wrote:
    That Bedford reminds me of those Fiat 900 Amigo campers. :D
    I had one of the Amigos as my first car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saw a 3 litre Mk3 Cortina in Ballykeernan (just outside Athlone) today it looked to be in immaculate condition, think it was on Aussie plates or maybe SA. It was parked on the inside of a bad bend so I went past it in a flash and dodn't have the time to stop and go back for a pic. Only thing against it was the manky beige colour of the paint!

Also saw an old Austin for sale in Portarlington today, couldn't identify it as it was surrounded by other cars (A30/A35 or Standard Ten maybe), will try and get a pic again sometime. Also a sorry looking Sunbeam Rapier in the same yard...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

One for Blue850? Spotted on Saturday -

Image0169_1.jpg

Image0170_1.jpg

It was for sale too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

dribble, no no no, not allowed buy any more,(swmbo;) )
    Is that coupe in Waterford?
    I just got a pm from Corktina about a coupe for sale down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yes its just by Carrolls Cross a few miles west of Kilmeaden. I'd been meaning to snap it for the last few weeks myself.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Blue850 wrote:
    thats the one I saw.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Blue850 wrote:

Do you want the number anyway? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Spotted two classics today, no camera though:

One was an early-80's blue Datsun Bluebird that I saw in Walkinstown. It was on old red Irish plates. Looked to be in good condition.

The other was a red VW Scirocco in Rathfarnham, again on old red Irish plates. It was in mediocre condition.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

On a 4 lane Dual Carraige-way in Barca. :)

my.php?image=barcaga3.jpg

Can someone please explain why my image isn't being displayed correctly? :(

Did you resize/resample it before uploading? As image hosting sites do this automatically and it may cause degrading.

Mike.

Lots of sightings over the last 2 days but no camera with me either day.....

Fri.morning Dublin-bound on the M4 around junction 2A, a lilac-coloured Morris Minor (reg. was RRG 360 I think !). Nice Jag in Straffan yesterday evening (ZV 4640)

Today, a DS xx (too far away to see clearly) in Woodies Naas carpark, and a blue Manta (not being a classic car petrol-head like many of you on here, I couldn't be sure but I don't think it was an Ascona so I'm plumping for a Manta !) also seen in Naas with a WZW plate I think.

jrar wrote:
    Lots of sightings over the last 2 days but no camera with me either day.....

Fri.morning Dublin-bound on the M4 around junction 2A, a lilac-coloured Morris Minor (reg. was RRG 360 I think !).

That would be a Morris a Million, I also spotted it in that area a few months back.

Not my thing but as it looked pretty clean I took a snap of this rubber bumper Austin Cambridge Coupe in Mullingar today...

Camcoupe.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

rubber bumper Austin Cambridge Coupe

.........I love it !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

That same Aston Martin turns up again....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

Saw this Zodiac Ragtop in Le Mans during the 24 hour race, I didn't know they made them as a two door/convertible!

SV203365.jpg

Merrion wrote:

The guy in the green T-shirt is certainly paying very close attention to it's rear! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Merrion wrote:

Niiiiiiice... and if you look carefully there's also an Aston Martin in that picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

That particular Aston is a monster - it's a 1978 Vantage, tuned to around 450bhp and has been upgraded to X-PACK specification AFAIK. There is also a similar one (totally stock, slighlty newer and with body work in better nick), which also knocks about Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Hi,

crap pictures, old camera phone, I'll get more with a 'real' camera and post again,

Richie.

635.JPG

635 int.JPG

Is that Aston the one on carzone, 1974 Oscar India version?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Is that Aston the one on carzone, 1974 Oscar India version?

Mike.

Can you provide a link Mike, I can't seem to find it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

richie_rvf wrote:
    Hi,

crap pictures, old camera phone, I'll get more with a 'real' camera and post again,

Richie
    There's a 635 up the road from me with the reg CSI 633 - but only on the back. No reg on the front, so I suspect it's not really used.

Lovely car I always thought.

el tel, I was wrong got the date out by 10 years :doh: and its got different wheels.

This was on carzone for quite a while.
    http://www.westonclassics.com/sold/car0082/index.html#

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    el tel, I was wrong got the date out by 10 years :doh: and its got different wheels.

This was on carzone for quite a while.
    http://www.westonclassics.com/sold/car0082/index.html#

Mike.

Hey cool! The Oscar Indias and plain V8s just don't have the look and presence of the Vantage in my opinion. In terms of styling and street cred I don't think that AM have surpassed the Vantage yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

posted this in the general motors thread before i knew this thread existed. Saw a really nice DB5 in dublin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054985572&page=225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

There's a 635 up the road from me with the reg CSI 633 - but only on the back. No reg on the front, so I suspect it's not really used.

Lovely car I always thought.

Seen it on the road on Leeson street yesterday. Still minus the front reg

furtzy wrote:
    Seen it on the road on Leeson street yesterday. Still minus the front reg
    You'd think with a plate like that they'd get a second one!

Another 2 digits and they'd have had CSI 635...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

CSI 633 is a BMW 633 CSI not a 635, seen it on the M50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

DarenO wrote:

Yip. It was a 633. Nice motor.....would look better with the front reg though!

DarenO wrote:
    As I live and breathe - I actually never knew there was a 633! :D

I shall be posting a note under his wiper telling him to get proper plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Hello All, long time no post!
    Nice to see some postings on the infamous 635csi. It's not too often that one of these great cars is seen on the streets of Dublin these days. I have however seen a nice, albeit unwashed(!) big six floating around the south circular road recently. It's on an '86 white plate and brings a smile to my face everytime I see it. There is an immaculate burgandy one that's owned by a Toyota/BMW dealer which makes an appearance on sunny days.
    It was owned by his father before him and I've always admired it. It inspired me to find one some years back and I still have it.
    My own comes out occasionally but lacking a tax disc prohibits much use! It is however on a classic policy, even though it's an '89. I know that some people have difficulty in getting a "modern classic" on a policy.
    I love this forum, cheers me up no end..

Carlosfandango
    Orange 911
    Black 912
    Red 124
    Black 635

There is a red M635CSI that I see fairly regularly around Malahide. I think the chap has it since new. It's always been in good shape !

One of my favourite cars at the time !!

I believe, including other Contries the 6 series range(E24) included, 628CS,628CSi,630CS,630CSi,632CSi,633CSi, 635CSi and M635CSi. I think in saying that, there were some models with the same capacity that were badged differently according to local markets.

There is a fantastic red 633 (1978 model) down in cork for sale on carzone, quad exhaust. It looks the buisness and has been for sale since last autumn at least.

Mike.

My insurance on th 635 works out at €300 per year, limited to 4,000 miles.

The only killer is the road tax.

Absolutely love the car, I will get better pictures, I promise :rolleyes:

I was thinking of selling it though, a friend in the UK has a stunning M635 in mint condition and he is thinking of selling - to me!

My 6er does need some work now, the front wings have the usual rust and really every pipe/hose under the bonnet should be changed, in fact all the perishables should be done - that's my dilemma, will I sell and buy the M or but some time and money into the one I have :confused:

Cheers,

Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭1275gt

lunchtime spot in dublin :D

prestige.jpg

Buy The M!
    As much as I'd like to think it but the reality is that the appreciation of my hiline will never reach that of an M.
    I've spent a fortune on mine, yes the wings have been done but I know that I'll never get the money back if I sell. However the M635 really is starting to fetch big money..
    They are tricky to run though, and those engines would be very pricey to repair if something goes wrong.
    Btw, I think my own insurance is about €59 on the six as part of a larger policy..

carlosfandango

richie_rvf wrote:
    My insurance on th 635 works out at €300 per year, limited to 4,000 miles.

The only killer is the road tax.

Absolutely love the car, I will get better pictures, I promise :rolleyes:

I was thinking of selling it though, a friend in the UK has a stunning M635 in mint condition and he is thinking of selling - to me!

My 6er does need some work now, the front wings have the usual rust and really every pipe/hose under the bonnet should be changed, in fact all the perishables should be done - that's my dilemma, will I sell and buy the M or but some time and money into the one I have :confused:

Cheers,

Richie.

$59!!

That is excellent!

I thought 300 was good and they only gave me that price based on no more than 4000 miles and the fact that my everyday runner is a larger engine (E39 M5)

I think you are right though, his M is really mint, dolphin grey with lotus interior :cool:

I would imagine that the VRT is increasing on the E24's now?!

My E24 is not a highline, it has the recarro interior though which is beautiful.

Any idea what they are worth now? Bearing in mind my car really could do with some work, I haven't had time to drive it for almost a year now :mad:

• Advertisement

richie_rvf wrote:
    $59!!

That is excellent!

I thought 300 was good and they only gave me that price based on no more than 4000 miles and the fact that my everyday runner is a larger engine (E39 M5)

I think you are right though, his M is really mint, dolphin grey with lotus interior :cool:

I would imagine that the VRT is increasing on the E24's now?!

My E24 is not a highline, it has the recarro interior though which is beautiful.

Any idea what they are worth now? Bearing in mind my car really could do with some work, I haven't had time to drive it for almost a year now :mad:

Seeing as you can ick up a ropey one for £1500 in the UK it's hard to say.. There is a vast difference in values of good ones and poor ones so you should be guided by the quality of your own car. Mine is mint but don't reckon I'd get much more than €10k for it.. I've spent that much on it since I bought it and that's not including what I paid for it!!
    Keep all receipts and documents, only get top quality work done and it should stand to you in the end..

Good luck & let me know if you buy the M635.

Carlosfandango

Seen in Co, Kildare earlier today............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Antrim registered Porsche 911 spotted in Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

dsc03768vb5.jpg
    dsc03770st5.jpg
    dsc03771pw7.jpg
    dsc03774sr4.jpg
    dsc03772tw2.jpg

I saw this Renault 18 on the way back from the Terenure car show. It's in good condition:

s2300231sf4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Looks like they barely made the red :D

edit: pulling slightly to the left?

• Advertisement

Spit62500 wrote:
    edit: pulling slightly to the left?

He turned left at the junction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

Saw this Roller in Derry on Saturday.........anyone know what year she is?

SV203423.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

That's a Silver Cloud III. Mid sixties or thereabouts.

Yes the production of the Cloud ended in '65, there were many incarnations before that !

Beautiful cars indeed, the Shadow arrived around this time, and was apparantly easier to build, there weren't as many specials, but it did not have the grace of this car !

Seeing as you can ick up a ropey one for £1500 in the UK it's hard to say.. There is a vast difference in values of good ones and poor ones so you should be guided by the quality of your own car. Mine is mint but don't reckon I'd get much more than €10k for it.. I've spent that much on it since I bought it and that's not including what I paid for it!!
    Keep all receipts and documents, only get top quality work done and it should stand to you in the end..

Good luck & let me know if you buy the M635.

Carlosfandango

It's probably worth more to me at this stage - I would estimate that I too have spent more than it is worth :rolleyes:

Still, I love the car, I know I would feel bad if I got rid of it.

Not long after spending quite a bit on the M5 (new clutch, new tyres, inspection II, ALL sensors replaced etc..) so everything will be put on hold for a while - well, until she forgets :D

Richie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement