Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry out of Cup Final

• 16-05-2005 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

At last some good news for United

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4457013.stm

Henry ruled out of FA Cup final

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been ruled out of Saturday's FA Cup final with an Achilles tendon injury.

Henry returned to action after a groin strain in the 7-0 defeat of Everton and aggravated an old Achilles injury.

The 27-year-old missed the Gunners' 2-1 defeat against Birmingham on Sunday but the injury has failed to heal in time for Henry to face Manchester United.

However, Arsenal did receive some good news when Freddie Ljungberg declared himself fit for the 21 May clash.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger recently blamed Henry's international commitments for his niggling injuries.

"He is very important to us but the first thing is health and, if we feel there is a risk, then we will not take it," said Wenger in April.

"He could be out for up to four weeks, but the good thing is he will not be out for three months.

"His injury is a sign that he has pushed his body far, so it's more of an alert than a bad injury.

"I think it's more that he has been over-used by the France national team between the seasons. At some stage, you have to slow down."

Midfielder Ljungberg returned from a hip injury in the 2-1 defeat against Birmingham, coming on as a substitute.

And the 28-year-old said: "I think I will be available and I definitely hope so. We will have to see how it reacts in training.

"It is still a bit swollen and it feels like a big bruise but it felt good in the game - I can play with it."

The Sweden international sustained the injury in the FA Cup semi-final victory over Blackburn.

And he revealed that he had little preparation ahead of the game against Blues.

"To be honest I had only trained twice with the team before the game and it's important to play because you can get into the tempo, it is just not the same as in training," added Ljungberg.

"I got a bit out of breath in the first half but then I got going again. I did not want to overdo it so I came off after 65 or 70 minutes but overall it was fine."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I prefer Henry to play to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ill believe it when i see the team sheet. i heard wenger talking about the injury and he said they would wait until thursday to make a decision. its the last game of the season, if theres even a slim chance of him playing i would risk him...well i wouldnt actually cos im man u!

jumpa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Damm it anyway. Was hoping for him to have a stormer and all.
    At last some good news for United

??? Why, so utd can win by default.

Best XI vs Best XI.....Thats whats it all about, any true fan will tell ya that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

jank wrote:
    ??? Why, so utd can win by default.

Best XI vs Best XI.....Thats whats it all about, any true fan will tell ya that.

making excuses already are we :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TheMonster wrote:
    making excuses already are we :p

ooooooooh, someone who has the ability to foretell sporting results

can you tell me who wins the 4.15 at haydock on August 23rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

can you tell me who wins the 4.15 at haydock on August 23rd

The horse that passes the post first? :D

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Dang, this means Berkjamp will definally play :(
    Of all the players on the Arsenal team in this game I didnt want him to play :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Not necessarily, Van Persie & Reyes has been the preferred partnership recently (though Bergkamp & Van Persie played together against Everton...)

Advertisement