Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama Studies

Options
  • 16-05-2005 8:31pm

Anyone planning on doing Drama next year? Went for interviews in Trinity and UCC in the last fortnight. The points in Trinity border on ridiculous - 540 for single honors degree and 490 for joint honors - couple the latter with something like English, and it's like trying to get the points for medicine. Argh.
    I think I have a pretty good chance of UCC, but Trinity is definetley a much more renouned and established course; there were people who had flown over from America especially for the interview, I was impressed.

Comments

Just thought I would bump this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

a friend of mine did the interview in trinners but it's like no 10 on her CAO and she will most likely get her first choice.....Something I would love to do -defo getting involved in the drama soc in trinity next year if I get the course I want! Just too scared to do it as a full degree....

:)

I would love to do it with english, because that's really the only kind of thing that I even want to do in college. Apparantley 90% or more of the graduates had jobs after finishing the course, jobs in the BBC, the abbey etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

a mate of mine went for an interview about a month ago and he DOES NOT need a good leaving cert!! I mean, he isnt smart at all to be honest!

But out of about 50 applicants, he, and 7 others were picked for the course.

i dont know how this works, can anyone shed light?

Yeah but the reading load in English put me off and I wouldn't like to go into TV or stuff like that - just LOVE acting. I'm hoping to do law (yes I know there is also a big reading load here...) and at least with that you have a definite career path at the end of it...Also don't have that much experience on-stage, have done all exams and that and done a bit on-stage, but not much - would love to start writing or something like that....ah all my dreams.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

alot of very famous actors didnt step on stage until they were in their 20's/30's.

so its never too late to start!

just a bit of encouragment there!

My girlfriend's doing Single Honors Drama in Trinity at the moment, she absolutely loves it!

alot of very famous actors didnt step on stage until they were in their 20's/30's.

so its never too late to start!

just a bit of encouragment there!

who knows.......Hoping to do a bit of writing and stuff over the summer, development and all that.....find out if I actually can do it!

Advertisement