Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel

Options
  • 16-05-2005 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. Does anyone know if it's possible to use loops (as in while or for or any other type) in excel. If so how would one do this, what code would use and so on.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Where in excel? the macro language (VBA) certainly supports looping, but maybe if you describe what it is you want to do....

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

Cheers for replying bonkey,
    I probably should of thought my idea through a little more b4 I posted. My idea was to loop through a column until a cell with a certain value was found to terminate the loop. Until the loop was terminated a formula would keep being repeated in a different cell. The following is a brief algoritm for what i meant:

do {
    if( A == "11/06/2005")
    {
    D4 = A
    i++
    }
    } while(A!=H2)

H4 and H2 are cell references and A refers to a column. I was hoping to simply write something in one cell to do the above which would mean that cell would be updating itself constantly.

I have never heard of macro language (VBA) until just now and I was just wondering if anyone would know of any sites that provide tutorials in this macro language. I have only a very limited experience of programming and I haven't touched programming for a few years.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement