Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Notebook

• 16-05-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

I got a good few winners by following my little "notebook" system (if you can call it that) last year so I've decided to share the horses that I think should be watched this summer. I'll add to it along the way and post when a horse is about to run.

I'll kick off with some horses that are declared to run in the next week.

Summer Charm

Beverley 17th May.

Was last seen running on in a big field to finish 2nd at Windsor earlier this month. Was hampered a couple of times and is one of two horses that I took out of this race that I think are sure winners this summer. The other horse is called Dover Street and had a horrible journey in that race, looked like the winner all the time but every time he tried to deliver a challenge the door was slammed in his face. Summer Charm, for the time being, is handicapped win a couple of races.

Windmill Flyer

Tipperary 19th May

This is a horse I know quite well (Well I know the owner)...he was the subject of a gamble and nice win back in March 03...he then injured himself and came out to run dismally in four runs since. Don't me mistaken, this is a quality horse and it will win again, the owners know that it's going to win again. I have highlighted him here because I think that he's a horse that needs good ground. He won on good ground and came back from an injury to flop in ground that was always soft-heavy. At the moment over here the ground is pretty good and if it stays like that I think this horse will run the race that's in him...and probably at a very decent price.

Curtain Bluff

This is one that has been in my book since his first run. I ignored the race after his debut because it was over 7F and his first promising race was over a mile (A mile two would be perfect). He went back to a mile for his next race though and at 16-1 I was happy to get on each way. He finished 2 lengths 2nd to 1-5 winner Cashier. That, my friends, is nice form. He'll win next time but only over a mile +

That's it for now....I'll return though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I backed Summer Charm at Windsor last time out, would definitely have won if he had gotten a run, got stuck in at the rail and every time he tried to get out was blocked.

The only problem is that this went into everybody's notebook and looks like being a fairly short price today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I don't it's any harm posting these anyway because I don't think everyone on her has a notebook and if they do i don't think all the horses will be the same.

Anyway, Summer Charm (6/4) and Curtain Bluff (15/8) run today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭retenzo

where do they run today? dya think it would be a good double?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Summer Charm 4.50 Beverly today and Curtain Bluff 2.50 Beverly today!!!

No harm at all in posting them.

What time is Windmill Flyer going at on Thursday? I'm curious because I just got an email reminder for an horse called Telemachus the same night, I'd be certain he'll win next time out if he runs.

Both of your selections today have been very well backed and are at lot less in price than they were, I presume that's all down to you putting them up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

Windmill Flyer is in the 8:25 looking at the cards on racing post.

There are 171 horses listed for that race at the moment!

Telemachus is in the 7:55.. 174 horses in that race! Think I'll go for the 171!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

fade2black wrote:

Curtain Bluff

This is one that has been in my book since his first run. I ignored the race after his debut because it was over 7F and his first promising race was over a mile (A mile two would be perfect). He went back to a mile for his next race though and at 16-1 I was happy to get on each way. He finished 2 lengths 2nd to 1-5 winner Cashier. That, my friends, is nice form. He'll win next time but only over a mile +

That's it for now....I'll return though.

Thanks for the tip ... Curtain Bluff has just won at Beverley. Now, should I chance Summer Charm?

Summer Charm beaten by 1/2l I think.

How did the race itself go? Did he get a clear line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

fade2black wrote:
    I got a good few winners by following my little "notebook" system
    sounds mysterious ;)

• Advertisement

Windmill Flyer and Telemachus don't seem to be running tomorrow folks.

Nope, was gonna post, probably something to do with the rain at the moment. We play the waiting game again so.

You requested to be informed about the following runners -

Windmill Flyer (IRE)
    5 day entry at Sligo 24th May, details available at
    http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card073200505242005.htm

The hunt for good ground continues....

Windmill Flyer (IRE)
    5 day entry at Clonmel 26th May, details available at
    http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card083200505262025.htm

Two other horses appear in my notebook that I see are running today.

They are two horses that have been tips in the past but I was told to follow:

Won't leave an Oat

6:15 Downpatrick

Has been running fairly inconsistantly in bumpers and contests a maiden hurdle today. The vibes have always been good for this for some reason, and there's a chance he can meet expectations today.

Dostoievsky

7:15 Downpatrick

Like Windmill Flyer, this is a horse that has been searching hard for a sound surface. He finds it today and a good run is expected. Should be a decent price.

Won't leave an Oat

6:15 Downpatrick

Has been running fairly inconsistantly in bumpers and contests a maiden hurdle today. The vibes have always been good for this for some reason, and there's a chance he can meet expectations today.

Make no mistake, this is a bad horse. Sometimes if you get a tip from an owner you'll keep an eye on the horse for a few runs but I think the next time I'll be looking at this horse he'll be in tramore (beach, bringing kids for little walks up and down) This race was awful and if he was anything at all he should have won. A definite deletion from the notebook.

Dostoievsky

7:15 Downpatrick

Like Windmill Flyer, this is a horse that has been searching hard for a sound surface. He finds it today and a good run is expected. Should be a decent price.

:mad:Really thought we had a winner here. He was 8-1 this morning and I was very surprised to see him return at 4-1. Jumped the final fence in the lead and was caught close home. I was impressed with the run though and I'll keep an eye on this one and see what race he tries next time.

For some reason I was never notified about this but:

Dover Street

8:45 Newmarket

Another one from the book....got no kind of run last time out, travelled like the winner, got stopped a half dozen times....Should run well tonight

Sorry for the lateness. They can update me twice a day about where Windmill Flyer plans to go but they can't tell me once about this one :mad:

Ok Tomorrow.

Windmill Flyer

Clonmel 8:25

I think I've spoke enough about this horse. Good ground. Load of duck eggs beside his name that I've already explained yet still 2nd favourite.

I'm hopeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

8.25 Clonmel
    1st 8 Lemon Cello (IRE) 20-1
    2nd 5 Megawatt Ruby (IRE) 5-2 F
    3rd 9 Mondo (IRE) 16-1
    4th 6 Milo Cosmo (FR) 5-1
    Tote Win £33.90
    Pl £5.10, £1.30, £6.00, £1.30
    SF £85.04
    Tricast £957.44
    Winning Trainer S Fahey
    Winning Jockey J P Sullivan
    Distances 2 1/2l, sh, 4 1/2l
    20 ran
    Non runners 21, 22, 23
    Weighed In

I think some tippex is needed for said notebook fade2black.... Funnily enough you completely overlooked Stance (@ 4/5 I might add).
    Flat racing is awful this time of the season anyways, just say no kids !

• Advertisement

Why would I have stance in my notebook?? (At 4/5, I have no idea what you mean there)

I'm happy enough with how Windmill Flyer ran and I'll be keeping an eye out again.

Won't leave an Oat is running again today!

Ah yes but he was scratched from the book cause he really is a poor horse.

One thing to note about this little idea is that not every time I highlight a horse it's to be backed. These are horses that

a) Were well tipped up previously and will win soon
    b) ran so well last time that they had to be backed next time.

Windmill Flyer is a horse that belongs to connections I know well. He WILL win soon. I was delighted with the run yesterday cause it proved that good ground is really what he's after. I put him up her so all the regulars can keep an eye on him. How often have we tipped up a losing horse on here only for him to win the next time. I'm getting annoyed lately though about how irishracing is not telling me about some of the horses. It tells me everytime windmill flyer crosses the road but neglects a few others. Speaking of which....The flyer is running at punchestown next week with some of the horses that finished behind him last night. It's an extended handicap hurdle which brings him beyond his two miles....penalites are for horses that have won a hurdle race in the past and are 6lbs each. If the ground stays firm enough...this could be the one.

There are many other horses in the book and I do believe it will turn out to be profitable.

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

jimi_t wrote:

I think some tippex is needed for said notebook fade2black....
    I think thats a bit harsh, I would consider fadetoblack the top tipster on boards, if everyone of his tips won i would be paying someone to type this for me

On the subject of horses to make a note of, one that took my eye on it's last race was Blue Monday. It's running in the 3:15 at Redcar today. It stayed on from a long way back to finish 3rd at Chester, it was it's first run in 18 months so should come on from it.

Also, at 4:05 Chepstow a horse called Regal Attire runs, it will be only his 3rd ever start. In it's last race it made eye catching late progress to finish second over 1M2F. The step up in trip today should suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Score with Blue Monday, had wee tipple myself. He was tipped up everywhere, not very often you see such a tipped up horse coming in. I also had the 4th horse EW... Cheers

Well done MasterK

masterK wrote:
    On the subject of horses to make a note of, one that took my eye on it's last race was Blue Monday. It's running in the 3:15 at Redcar today. It stayed on from a long way back to finish 3rd at Chester, it was it's first run in 18 months so should come on from it.

Also, at 4:05 Chepstow a horse called Regal Attire runs, it will be only his 3rd ever start. In it's last race it made eye catching late progress to finish second over 1M2F. The step up in trip today should suit.

Good result on Blue Monday, I backed him at 11/2, I think he was 13/2 with some bookies early this morning.

Regal Attire ran a decent race, he was again doing all his best work at the finish. He looks like an out and out stayer, I'll still be keeping a eye out for him if he is stepped up even further in trip, looks like he'll need a least 1M 6F.

I don't think this Notebook is going to work. Irish-Racing, who I use for tracking the horses, is not letting me know about most of them. I got a mail this morning saying one of my horses RAN yesterday, but no warning before he ran. The horse was littledodayno, he won, but at 8-15 though (2nd fav NR) - still, it would've been nice to be informed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Windmill flyer disapointed badly tonight.

He is down to run in Tralee next week again.. along with Dostoievsky..

The owners of Windmill Flyer apparently had a serious disagreement with the trainer last night. I'm good friends with one of the owners and saw him win very impressively in 2003 - they all thought this was a horse of potential. It's hard to know what to do with him now. He's always well fancied (7s into 3s) but I feel it may be time to let him go until the words "He's definitely going to win" are spoken in my ear. Last night none of the owners knew what was going to happen and that was very frustrating for them. In the end he had no excuses...perfect ground, nice weight, jockey who was getting on with him at home. He faded very tamely and it seems the injury he sustained last year, along with the ridiculous constant running of him on soft ground over the winter have taken their toll on him. We'll watch from the shadows in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Why not run him on the flat over 1 mile 6 furlongs,it looks like he doesnt stay 2mile 2 or even 2 mile anymore.After an injury (no matter what horse it is)they begin to slow down and dont stay as far as the used and they arent as good as before but they still have talent at some level.This coming from me who knows alot about does sort of things as i am a jockey/assistant trainer to my uncle.Is the horse handicaped on the flat?If not run him over 1mile 4furlongs for two runs then up him in trip to 1 mile 6 furlongs on his 3rd start.After than he will get a good handicap rating.And run him in a 1 mile 6 race and i bet there will be a big improvement in him.Also why not try a change of scenery with the horse and send him to a better trainer.Also on his last two runs he ran in clonmel and punchestown,they are very tough tracks for any horse,why not run him on a flat track like cork for example.I can see that the horse has some talent as i was at the races in clonmel and he ran well,he just got tired before the last hurdle.So i wouldnt give up yet on him.

Jockey reported that the horse broke a knee bone and he sensed something wrong so didn't push any further. Apparently the trainer is meeting with the owners tonight to discuss the future of the horse.

OK....Three "Qualifiers" tonight.

Golden Rambler

Uttoxeter 7.40

When this horse was winning he was doing it in fine syle against better horses than he will encounter tonight. This horse and Leche Bottes have been in the book for what seems like ages, I kept this one in because of the trouble that Johnjoe was having with his stable. The cloud seems to have parted now and on handy mark I think 4-1 should be taken tonight.

Kentmere

Uttoxeter 8.10

Kinda funny that these two pop up in back to back races..Anyway, for some reason I wasn't informed about this one when he ran last time (Or I probably just didnt see it in the mail), good thing too cause he didnt win. Decided to highlight him now cause the form of the race he won back in May is working out nicely with Absolute Power winning this week.

Bravo

Uttoxeter 9.10

Wow...this one has been there a while....Ok the favourite in this race is everyone's proverbial good thing today and so he should be....however, this horse is a massive price and i think he's better than 25-1. I've been told there were excuses for his last run (pulled up)...worth another chance each way.

• Advertisement

I'll persist with this for a little while....

DOVER STREET
    9.05 Nottingham

RP Forecast 14-1

Definite each way quality

Advertisement