Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Notebook

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

He is down to run in Tralee next week again.. along with Dostoievsky..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The owners of Windmill Flyer apparently had a serious disagreement with the trainer last night. I'm good friends with one of the owners and saw him win very impressively in 2003 - they all thought this was a horse of potential. It's hard to know what to do with him now. He's always well fancied (7s into 3s) but I feel it may be time to let him go until the words "He's definitely going to win" are spoken in my ear. Last night none of the owners knew what was going to happen and that was very frustrating for them. In the end he had no excuses...perfect ground, nice weight, jockey who was getting on with him at home. He faded very tamely and it seems the injury he sustained last year, along with the ridiculous constant running of him on soft ground over the winter have taken their toll on him. We'll watch from the shadows in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Why not run him on the flat over 1 mile 6 furlongs,it looks like he doesnt stay 2mile 2 or even 2 mile anymore.After an injury (no matter what horse it is)they begin to slow down and dont stay as far as the used and they arent as good as before but they still have talent at some level.This coming from me who knows alot about does sort of things as i am a jockey/assistant trainer to my uncle.Is the horse handicaped on the flat?If not run him over 1mile 4furlongs for two runs then up him in trip to 1 mile 6 furlongs on his 3rd start.After than he will get a good handicap rating.And run him in a 1 mile 6 race and i bet there will be a big improvement in him.Also why not try a change of scenery with the horse and send him to a better trainer.Also on his last two runs he ran in clonmel and punchestown,they are very tough tracks for any horse,why not run him on a flat track like cork for example.I can see that the horse has some talent as i was at the races in clonmel and he ran well,he just got tired before the last hurdle.So i wouldnt give up yet on him.

Jockey reported that the horse broke a knee bone and he sensed something wrong so didn't push any further. Apparently the trainer is meeting with the owners tonight to discuss the future of the horse.

OK....Three "Qualifiers" tonight.

Golden Rambler

Uttoxeter 7.40

When this horse was winning he was doing it in fine syle against better horses than he will encounter tonight. This horse and Leche Bottes have been in the book for what seems like ages, I kept this one in because of the trouble that Johnjoe was having with his stable. The cloud seems to have parted now and on handy mark I think 4-1 should be taken tonight.

Kentmere

Uttoxeter 8.10

Kinda funny that these two pop up in back to back races..Anyway, for some reason I wasn't informed about this one when he ran last time (Or I probably just didnt see it in the mail), good thing too cause he didnt win. Decided to highlight him now cause the form of the race he won back in May is working out nicely with Absolute Power winning this week.

Bravo

Uttoxeter 9.10

Wow...this one has been there a while....Ok the favourite in this race is everyone's proverbial good thing today and so he should be....however, this horse is a massive price and i think he's better than 25-1. I've been told there were excuses for his last run (pulled up)...worth another chance each way.

• Advertisement

I'll persist with this for a little while....

DOVER STREET
    9.05 Nottingham

RP Forecast 14-1

Definite each way quality

Advertisement