Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting abroad

Options
  • 16-05-2005 9:18pm

Can someone please tell me what the paperwork process is for attending matches abroad?

Comments

I know it's off topic but does anyone have an air rifle stand for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

O_P, with what rifle and where abroad?

air and .22 i'd say

probably the UK and/or the North

Sorry - mind was elsewhere while writing that!

It is for an air and .22 rifle, and it would be in the UK

You'd need your licence (or a removal order and a copy of the authorisation letter if it's club rifles we're talking about), an europass, and for the .22 you'd need a british visitor's permit - it's form 107 from the met, I think it's the same form for the sussex police if you're heading for Bisley.

• Advertisement

I think i'm eligible for a British Passport though (need to check) - does that help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

No.

I don't think so OP, unless you were getting an actual UK firearms licence, which sounds like a bit of overkill unless you were travelling there regularly. If you were doing that though, the passport might help, though non-passport holders have gotten FACs in the past (I don't have much experience of this for the UK though, the FACs I've seen for the UK held by ROI shooters have been for the North - NTSA shooters going up to Comber or East Antrim or whereever a lot have applied for them in the past and gotten them).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sparks wrote:
    You'd need your licence (or a removal order and a copy of the authorisation letter if it's club rifles we're talking about), an europass,

It's funny, in all the time I was in Brit and when travelling through the airports I never once had to show my licence or Europass, all that time hassling those Guards for the europass was a waste of time....oh well....better to have and not need than vice versa.

The europass is a funny beast in some ways PL, it's recognised in much of the continent, but not in the UK for some reason. But if anything goes sideways or you encounter a jobsworth, it's best to have as much official paperwork to shove at them as is possible...

(And you're meant to have the Europass when leaving or entering Ireland for the EU, though I've rarely seen it actually checked properly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 PD999

Hi everyone,
    how does one go about getting an 'Europass' for travelling abroad with .22 rifles ?
    I live in London but wish to go to 3P continental matches.
    Thanks,
    Peter
    PS - is similar paperwork required for transporting .177 air rifles ?

Just go to your local police station with your licence PD, and ask for one. If you're issued with a licence in the EU, you're entitled to an Europass as well.

Advertisement