Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

• 16-05-2005 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

looking for help setting up broadbrand, i am not good at anything to do with computers so if you could use simple terms:

Got the eircom broadbrand wireless package:

silver box? & power supply

netopia box with grey & yellow cables

a card that goes into side of laptop and has a phoneline adaptar with it

& 3 cd's (eircom radio, netopia 3300, 3d reach) i think i have installed them all properly

any help would be apprieciated as i've tried everything and it wont work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

connect the router to the computer with a network cable instead of wireless at first - the network cables with the eircom package are the yellow ones

connect the purple phone cable from the wall socket to the router
    power it on make sure it synchs ( dsl led will flash a few times and then go solid indicating a connection )
    next connect the router to the laptop with the yellow cable

that should be it

try internet explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

remove purple cable from the wall, plug it into the DSL socket on your splitter and plug the splitter into the wall. I know it probably wont make any difference but you might as well use the splitters seeing as they gave them to you...

If you get no joy using the yellow network cable, try the USB cable. I've had a few of those netopia boxes that just refuse to work with ethernet no matter what I do.

Advertisement