Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OC on TG4: eh, wtf?

• 16-05-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

nice job tg4, playing the first episode of the wrong season there. 5 stars, honestly. clap clap.

anyone know the reasoning behind this? or what was supposed to have happened tonight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

It was pre-empted in America earlier this month, and even though TG4 could've shown a new episode and stayed behind the US airings I guess they decided to take a break to maintain a gap of a few episodes *shrug*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

banquo wrote:
    nice job tg4, playing the first episode of the wrong season there. 5 stars, honestly. clap clap.

anyone know the reasoning behind this? or what was supposed to have happened tonight?

Last nights episode was the result of a viewers vote: viewers got to pick between "Ryans Arrival" or "Ryans Departure".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tammyo

Ya i was quite p*ssed off myself .heard that they did it in america, but just didnt expect it lastnight. Seemingly though they showed a double episode near the end of the 2nd series in the states to make up for it... Nice, a 2hr long show,, should be sweet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

cold case was an old one as well. why did they do this? they havnt caught up with the US yet on either show,they are about 4 or 5 eps behind. I think Sky ONe are now ahead on Cold Case,or they will be this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Last nights episode was the result of a viewers vote: viewers got to pick between "Ryans Arrival" or "Ryans Departure".

They actuall advertised this so much during the week.

http://www.tg4.ie/inte/oc.php

agus as berla

http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/inte/oc.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

lol

several friends from uni txtd me ifve mins in asking wtf was going on alrite.TG4 did run ads saying that it was a voters choice thingymabob alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

so when does normal service return.....as in when do we get on with the story at hand......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tammyo

shows that not much really watch tg4 except for mondays at 9...

Not sure, guess its back next week.Shud hav listened to what they said at the end.They are normally very good at saying what they are doing the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

TG4 are the only decent network in Ireland for keeping things on time...

They did advertise it as you say but since TG4 has a kind of a reputation as a channel most people don't watch (except for certain programs like the OC) the ads don't tend to get seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

Tristram wrote:
    Not sure, guess its back next week.Shud hav listened to what they said at the end.They are normally very good at saying what they are doing the following week.

they did
    they said what they were doing next week......as gaelige...as gaelgie....as galegegegege....in Irish

and my Irish edumakation peaked with an A in pass Irish leaving cert and then went into a mad decline :o:o:o:o

so...what did they say? anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

yeah it's always blah blah blah "Ryan" agus blah blah "Julie Cooper". Some clue.

yeah it's always blah blah blah "Ryan" agus blah blah "Julie Cooper". Some clue.

No ones Irish is that bad to give an educated guess as to what they are saying. they prob even had an add for the "DO ROGHA" episode.

as for the end credits could have gone something like this

Tá muintir Mheiriceá ar saoire agus táimid ag tabhairt sos beag ó The OC freisin.
    Seo do sheans do rogha cláir na sraithe a fheiceáil in athuair. An tseachtain seo tig leat...

Which I cut and pasted from their website.

Muintir = People
    Saoire = Holiday
    Sos = Break
    Freisin = As Well
    Do Sheans = Your Chance
    Do Rogha = Your Choice
    Clair na sraithe = show from the series
    Seachtain Seo = This Week

And that is my leason in listen for Cupla Focal as Geilge.

I don't like the OC but I hate the Trills even more so, So i will be activly making sure the Killers episode is on next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Tammyo wrote:
    shows that not much really watch tg4 except for mondays at 9...

Hey I also watch Fridays at 7:30pm ofr Survivor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Saw it advertised a good few times, in between watching Cula Pop and Pop 4. And while being made to watch 'What I like about you'.

Was abit confused there thinking was last week's the last episode.. but all's well now! :D

none of this explains why there was a repeat of Cold Case :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Tammyo wrote:
    Seemingly though they showed a double episode near the end of the 2nd series in the states to make up for it... Nice, a 2hr long show,, should be sweet...
    Yes, they showed a two hour long episode the week before last.

Good episode, although Seth is really starting to annoy me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

According to TV Now, which btw was how I'd anticipated last nights repeat, Saturday's episode is a new one.

Usually Saturday is a re-run of Monday though. They also say that next Monday's is also Do Rogha. I'm guessing TV Now have it wrong about Saturday, but will set my video just in case!

Don't know why I watch this show anyway, I am just wowed by the comics discussions on main stream television. If I was 10 years younger I'd probably be crazy about Seth.

I just wish the script in an episode a month ago had allowed him to continue on why he didn't like X2!

In last Thursday's episode (The O. Sea - episode 2 x 23), he told his mom she could watch X-Men, but had to watch the first one first, but the second one was better!

So ... that's odd that he said before that he didn't like X2?

Elmo wrote:
    No ones Irish is that bad to give an educated guess as to what they are saying. they prob even had an add for the "DO ROGHA" episode.

Would have thought that myself.TG4 gaeilge seems to be fairly bearla-friendly, they just say the word in english and add áiste or sumthing ;)
    tvnutz wrote:
    none of this explains why there was a repeat of Cold Case

Prolly cos this is a thread for The OC ;p tbh doesnt make en sense alrite since TG4 are what 4/5 eps behind the States?

• Advertisement

ye well i wasnt going to make a new thread for it...and the oc kind of sucks now,i still watch but it has gotten terrible,whereas COld Case has been great this year...so i thought someone would answer. So dont be smart with me noobie,i know where you live :mad: :D

lol...have to agree with ur OC vs. Cold Case assessment.I keep missing Cold Case tho even tho its on like 4 times a week. :(

ye its been good this year,i like the character interaction has been great as well,especially between Rush and Valens where she tells him sleeping with her sister wont help him get over his dead girlfriend! ouch! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

why cant the O.C. just die...???
    now that its been played on TG4 is only bad news...
    PEOPLE
    ITS KILLING YOUR BRAINS!!! stop watching this trash, whenever it comes on watch the news or sumthing, anything actually... it is the worst piece of piss around

Jazzy wrote:
    why cant the O.C. just die...???
    PEOPLE
    ITS KILLING YOUR BRAINS!!! stop watching this trash, whenever it comes on watch the news or sumthing, anything actually... it is the worst piece of piss around

people should be watching Carnivale at 10.30 :D

or Lost next week.

It has been on TG4 for the last two years.

I recognise that the OC is tripe, but still its enjoyable tripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Tristram wrote:
    I recognise that the OC is tripe, but still its enjoyable tripe.

tbh, i fail to see how...
    arent people just wasting time watching it then?

ah but ur missing the most important part which comes the next day when ppl sit around and waste time talking about it.Swear to god if u didnt know what was going on ppl wud think ur a bit odd

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

It's not on next week either, it's a choice between the episodes when the killers play the bait shop and when the thrills play the bait shop!

beanyb wrote:
    It's not on next week either, it's a choice between the episodes when the killers play the bait shop and when the thrills play the bait shop!

agghh ffs, whats the story.Saw the de rogha ad but didnt realise the thrills ep was one of the choices.I hate those ****heads.Whiney gob****es.

its the same with cold case as well. on the tg4 website it says the americans have taken a holiday and so are they. but the US are 5 or 6 eps ahead on both shows,i think the season finale for both shows are next week,so whats the point on this? sky one will now be ahead of tg4 for cold case as of next thursday and E4 will soon be ahead with the oc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

Oh ffs - why do they have to do this? Does it really matter if we end up like a week behind the US?

Or if they have to take a 2 week break, why couldn't they show those 2 OC specials that were on E4 a while back.. A day in the Life or Obsess Completely..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

Marissa shoots tre in the last episode cause ryan finds out that tre tried to rape her and gets into a fight with him, and marissa runs in and wants them to stop but tre is about to kill ryan with a telephone so she shoots him.

SPOILER ALERT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

ILOVEYOU wrote:
    Marissa shoots tre in the last episode cause ryan finds out that tre tried to rape her and gets into a fight with him, and marissa runs in and wants them to stop but tre is about to kill ryan with a telephone so she shoots him.

SPOILER ALERT!

If I hadnt already seen it too, I'd be incredibly angry at you right now, so I'm sure lots of people will be! Great ending though!

• Advertisement

Eh ... generally you put spoiler before the spoiler, not AFTER it :rolleyes:

I'm sure some people are gonna be incredibly angry at you after this, for ruining the ending for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

OK, i'm not up on all the character names... who is tre? Ryan's brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ILOVEYOU wrote:

SPOILER ALERT!

AH FFS!!! Put spoiler alert in the Title, ya gob****e! My life is now ruined!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Oh and Caleb dies and jimmy gets back together with julie cooper

Is there anyway to ban these stupid sons of b!tches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Someone is going to die for this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Spoilers added,

Any repeat offences & bans will ensue....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I have seen it so I am not shocked but they are asses for doing that it just ruins the whole thing for others. That was well bent! And anyway lads don't worry there is loads of stuff to happen so that was only a little bit of the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

oh no there isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Yeah hes right there, thats pretty much the lot

ILOVEYOU wrote:
    oh no there isn't.

you are the git that posted,stupid idiot.

Advertisement