Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Damastown in the mornings?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I dunno if this is the right forum for this so could someone please move it if its not. Anyway, my gf is moving to Dublin this Summer to work in Damastown industrial park in Blanchardstown.

She's planning to live in Drumcondra and get the train out to Castleknock train station in the morning. That train will let her off just before half 8 though and she has to be in work by a quarter to 9.

Does anyone know if the bus that goes to Damastown, the 38A, would have her there in time if she gets it beside the Bell pub in Blanchardstown village?

Or has anyone an idea for any other travel arrangements she could use, considering she can't drive or afford a car.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Put simply Lemlin, I don't think she'd stand a chance of getting from Castleknock to Damastown in 15 minutes in the mornings.

Might have to come up with an alternative plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have you travelled this route before in the mornings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

The traffic in Castleknock is mental in the mornings.

Check out the no.70. I think that runs from town to Clonee which is right beside Damastown Ind Est. A bus from town in the morning has a bus lane and is going against the flow of traffic so it shouldn't be too slow!

just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I work in that estate you are talking about, although I drive a few people from work bus it too - travel is a killer in the morning, and they are right no way could you get there in 15mins from train station

one other alternative, would be to get the bus up to big tree, and walk to the mater hospital and get teh 38 from there - prob avg take 40mins, but sometimes can take over 1hr

The bus would be after passing through Castleknock though and would pick her up[ in Blanchardstown then. Her only alternative then is to get the 7.04 train, be in Blanch at 20 past 7 and then get the bus to work for half 8!

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    The bus would be after passing through Castleknock though and would pick her up[ in Blanchardstown then. Her only alternative then is to get the 7.04 train, be in Blanch at 20 past 7 and then get the bus to work for half 8!

Trust me, being 15 minutes early for work is better than 15 minutes late. I'm in work at 8.20am every morning even though I don't officially start until 9am and it's amazing how much you can get done when the office is that quiet!

By the way, Lemlin, I've just read my reply to your initial post and it comes across as very short. I apologise if I came across as a narky sod! Still have my hangover after the Dubs match on Sunday! :rolleyes:

Its only a work placement though so I can't see her wanting to be in earlier for extra work!

The other thing is that she finds it very hard to get up in the mornings.

Lemlin wrote:
    Its only a work placement though so I can't see her wanting to be in earlier for extra work!

The other thing is that she finds it very hard to get up in the mornings.

What woman doesn't find it hard to get out of the leaba in the mornings! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wheninrome

Hi there,
    I worked out in Mulhuddart in the Damastown Industrial Estate, the 38 and 38A leave Blanch village to get there. I've often been waiting upwards of 30 mins. If she tries to get a bus after half 8 she may as well forget it. She should try for a house in Castleknock. Where is she going to be working? I know that IBM do their own private bus service from Castleknock and I dont even think you have to be working for IBM. Anyways, tell her Drumcondra may as well be Beirut if she plans getting from there to Mulhuddart in the Mornings.
    Greetz, ade

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Either a bike or a scooter sounds like the answer to all your prayers...

*polishes Vespa proudly*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

have to agree with what's been said so far. I've lived in Castleknock all my life and my boyfriend used to work up in Damastown. It's a pain in the arse to get to and traffic in the area is bedlam. I'd suggest to her that she either live in Clonee and walk like my boyfriend did, live in Blanchardstown (lots of apartments around the Blanch centre etc) and get a bike or live somewhere on the actual bus route.

West Dublin has to be one of the worst areas for traffic in the mornings no matter what direction you're going in. Is she going to be working in IBM? That's where the boyfriend used to work...she'll be an internet afficionado by the end of the summer ;)

Advertisement