Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver in Cork

Options
  • 16-05-2005 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for an iRiver. Anyone know any decent shops (pref in the city) that will sell me one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You'd probably save a good bit by just buying online if that's an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

as I meant to say before I got horribly distracted... You'd want to be bonkers to buy any kind of electronics in Cork/Ireland. Save yourself a few quid and buy your iriver from www.advancedmp3players.co.uk. I bought mine from them ages ago. Saved a good bit and the service was top notch.

If you buy it from the likes of soundstore or any of it's kind over here you'll get fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, since I buy most everything else online, I did think about it. But with rather large electronics, I always like to have an actual shop to go into in case I have a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ComputerBits.ie have these, and I'm pretty sure PC Pro does too, although you need to open a cash trade account with the latter. If in doubt, call.

Can't remember which I bought mine in, but I've had good experiences with both.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

bought mine from amazon, h320.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks all. I'll look online, but I'm fairly certain I'll buy locally. Although now I'm flip flopping between the h320, the Creative Zen 20gb and the dastardly iPod. Dang. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

If you yourself or some friends are travelling abroad to "cheap" locations, you should consider getting it then. Quite a number of my friends made considerable savings buying their ipod/<generic luxury item> in the states. I'm not sure what kind of chaos this may cause to your warranty and after care service though. Just another option for you anyhow, though not without its risks.

aack... comparing an ipod to an iriver is like comparing a gorgeous woman with no personality to a goodlooking woman with a fantastic personality. Personality goes a long way...

(that and you're less likely to get mugged for your 'white headphones'. Beacon or wha?)

The headphones are a bit of a disaster alright, they've become like a plague around town, esp. UCC. Apparently there's a counter "revolution" amongst "diehard", "original" Ipod owners using normal headphones so they aren't accidently mistaken for one of these wanna-be new Ipod owners... or something.

But don't mistake those wackos for your average, concerned Ipod owner who merely uses different earphones so as not to become a target for a mugging... its a complicated world.

Now to seamlessly bring this back on topic...

Where in fact is the iriver on sale in Cork? I always thought Cork was particularly bad for electronics, Soundstore and the equivalents always seem to tag on their own paddy tax of 25% rrp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

There is a camera shop beside the modern that sells the PMP and they used to have the H300s but not sure anymore, they wanted more for the PMP120 than I paid for my 140 on import buy elsewhere!!! Soundstore are unreliable they wont help with warranty etc, I have tried in the past, buy from amp3.co.uk and be happy. Never buy from mp3players.co.uk worst service, and in the end they lost my player and I canceled the order, thay also tried to blame it on me that they didnt manage to get the thing here, in the end they blamed our "crappy postman" which was totally out of order.

• Advertisement

CathalMc wrote:
    Apparently there's a counter "revolution" amongst "diehard", "original" Ipod owners using normal headphones so they aren't accidently mistaken for one of these wanna-be new Ipod owners... or something.

typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Guys, I just went to that advancedmp3players site and theres this cool 5Gig player, very small... has anyone heard anything about it?
    take a look here, I'm actually considering it!
    http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=569

It seems to be relatively new, theres very few reviews around... I'd give it a month or two though, see if any obvious problems are revealed. Its *does* look pretty sweet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

ahh this player got rave reviews, but I dont like it, they are a lot like rover in that they are a weak company at the minute and could go bust, and if they do, say bye bye to any support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The iRiver H320se is €288+ del (and customs) on www.advancedmp3players.co.uk and 299 in Peats. For the sake of a €11 I'd buy it in Peats.

Incidentally another reason why most people change the iPod phones is that they are dire. The iRiver 320 come with Sennheiser which are decent.

Advertisement