Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooking up 3 xbox's to a lan?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

i'm just wondering is this possible? at the moment i just use the system link and have 2 xboxs connected for 8 player halo, but is there anyway of connecting your xbox to a lan so 2 or more can be connected. will it work? does anyone do it?
    Thanks,
    bubba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

yes, just plug them in and let the LAN give each it's IP address - don't forget to set each xbox to get it's IP via DHCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

how do you connect to the xbox to browse it then?

i use Flashfxp and afaik it uses a static IP to connect. Is there another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bubba, all you need is a switch (or a hub) with a free port for each xbox to connect to. Ideally you would have something like a PC or dsl router or something doing DHCP so that they will all automatically get themselves IP addresses, subnet masks, dns server settings, etc.

Advertisement