Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did no one notice this

Options
  • 17-05-2005 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Most users ever online was 1841, 14-05-2005 at 15:13.

what happened on the 14th that brought nearly 2000 people to the site at the same time?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

someone let slip there was a girl in the cs forum?

is there not a listing of where these people were?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the previous best was 900 odd i think held some time in april. What the hell happened to get nearly an extra thousand people to log on?
    Error?
    Did bubbles log on with every account he has?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No idea. We did do some tweaks to enchance speed which would allow more people on concurrently (well, actually it extends the users stay since they dont get miffed aboout slow responses and bugger off). Would be surprised if that was it alone though...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Webaliser shows nothing particularly strange either... except that we got 77 hits for the search term "boom goes the dynamite" during the month. Which I would have to classify as "strange" alright...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

'boom goes the dynamite' is Trojans custom user title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I noticed.

Incientally, what happened in Oct 04?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

boom goes the dynamite is clip of some poor tv sports presenter trying to spoof along a report when his teleprompter breaks down. Amongst the most painful tv broadcasts i've ever witnessed. There is a clip of it on the rugby board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Steveire wrote:

I reckon thats when the hooker and drugs ring, the admins ran, was busted...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So If you idle / AFK for X hours, you are still considered logged in? So we had a thousand extra idlers on top of the usual thousand idlers? :D
    Steveire wrote:
    Um more info than we needed. :D
    Must have forgot to pay the subscription ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Oct 04 - was that when there were massive difficulties with the servers? -though I thought it was later than that - I recall being faced with having no real alternative to study at the time

/sheds a tear at the memory

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

uberwolf wrote:
    Oct 04 - was that when there were massive difficulties with the servers? -though I thought it was later than that - I recall being faced with having no real alternative to study at the time

/sheds a tear at the memory
    It was a hard time for all of us :(

/pats uberwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

This post has been deleted.

yeah - imagine. Hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What if everyone was counted twice in some glitch and vB3 has a thousand-user limit?

The forums at somethingawful.com have 5000 users online at peak times and they are always complaining about how Vbulletin scales very poorly.

Do you guys forsee any problems as boards gets busier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

digitalspy has about 5000 online in the day and is lightning fast compared to this place using same Vbulletin 3 though what differnce in tweaks is I dont know.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rabies wrote:
    the previous best was 900 odd i think held some time in april. What the hell happened to get nearly an extra thousand people to log on?
    Error?
    Did bubbles log on with every account he has?
    There's 817 on now... so it may be beaten again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Steveire wrote:

I joined :D

NO deoderant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*lurk*

• Advertisement
Advertisement