Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] What's the story with casual homophobia?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I'm reluctant to post this in case I seem to be now saying something opposite to what I previously posted.

I appreciate Liouville last post; in that I think its great when people can revisit somethign that annoyed them. I am not sure thoguh tat he is reading Damien.m post as he intended it. I don't think Damien would in any way agree with Freaky Angelos "conclusions"

Freaky Angelo: I've read your last post and was undecided about commenting. I then read your profile. They way you wrote came across to me as an intelligent but unhappy young guy but I was surprised to see your 18 next month.

The idea that you "lean towards guys because you respect girls" makes no sense, an essential ingredient to any relatiosnhip at any level is respect.
    That you mentioned it in a post is one thing, that you include it in your profile as some part of a definition of you is worrying .

Your comments on love and dissrespecting yourself are very unhealthy, and now would be a good time to find ways to change that... to "relearn" about relationships, caring, self esteem.

What you've said is a distortion of vital and beautiful things.

The trouble I have now, after reading especially your last paragraph, is a growing suspicion you are some one enjoying the role of victim . You are yung etc, and yea sound slike you've had some tough days, but gawd mate you so much have to get out of some "depression chic" mode.

You reminded me of that guy who keeps posting his pic and comments on how ugly/ unattractive he is.

Finally, I still think you might be emotionally fragile and I'd not want to disregard your experience as unreal; but stop yourself going down the track you urself identified.
    PAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Freaky Angelo

I'm working on getting over it it's just hard.

Victims get empathy or pity. I want neither thanks. I can't help it if I sound depressive I just am but I'm getting better, I am quite Machiavellian about what I want and only recently when I got into a new school I started to really want to get out and live.

Yeah I don't respect guys as much as I respect girls but that's changing too, I was in an all boys school until 5th year when I changed - now I'm growing, really starting to appreciate life. I'm not nearly as bored with stuff as I used to be

The point is that my being gayer then straighter was crap icing on a bad cake. I didn't WANT to be attracted to guys especially the way gay people got treated in my school - sorry "gay people" (it was what others said that counted). I don't respect myself though I'm learning to do that now.

So let's just by pass the past few posts and get back to what this thread is about: Casual homophobia (it's around so long as "****" is "acceptable"). Okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

heh -weird. Just stumbled across this thread now. I know that kid. Never would have thought he was that articulate.

Advertisement