Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish 2000 guineas

• 17-05-2005 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

I'm not nearly as confident about this as I was about Rakti last weekend, but Democratic Deficit opened at 12s for the Irish 2000g with Paddy Power. That has now been cut into 10s. I managed to put some of my winnings on at that price ew. Now there are good reasons to think that this is a decent value punt.

FITS - won the english but is drifting on betfair and with bookies. Has a good chance of confimring teh placings with those behind, but something tells me that he may be a non runner. Worth watching in any case.

Dubawi - has to prove that he is as good as godolphin think he is - didnt look happy at Newmarket and teh way he drifted under pressure was worrying. No dip at the curragh but has questions to answer.

Democratic deficit would have finished a lot closer in the guineas but for being the one sufferer of Dubawi's waywardness. Confident enough to track the favourite and attempt to do him for a turn of foot, the plan backfired as he tried to go by, he was forced by the drifting Dubawi to move left handed as both horses ended up on the near side rail, far away from the action. Won the craven and after a promising start as a 2yo, he did lose his way, but looks to be fulfilling his potential now.

oratorio finished well, staying on up the hill powerfully. Probably needs a bit further, and the smaller field, despite pacemakers, might not guarantee the fast pace that would bring out his best. Dangerous to write off though.

I think DD would have at least been placed in teh guineas with a clear run, and with some doubts over those ahead of him in the betting, an each wya bet is advised. If there is any of that 10s available it could be worth taking. Boylesports are going about 8s which is slightly big, but closer to the mark.

Boyles back out to 10s.

and now back into 8s.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

now 7s. FITS - now quoted with a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Yesterdays Racing Post also gave a nod to Democratic Deficit. e/w mind.

I think DD would have at least been placed in teh guineas with a clear run, and with some doubts over those ahead of him in the betting, an each wya bet is advised

Each way was what I was advising also. The shape of the race means that its a good each way race. What did the RP say? I didnt read it. Is the article on line, do you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Morgans wrote:
    Each way was what I was advising also. The shape of the race means that its a good each way race. What did the RP say? I didnt read it. Is the article on line, do you know.

Cant find the article on the site. (I noticed Racingpost.co.uk is bad that way, can never seem to find an article older than today) It just said what you have said in this thread : Horse has a good race in him but was hindered in Newmarket.
    Worth a tenner e/w methinks. :D

FITS - out of the race, not sure how much impact it will have on the market, but one of the horses that would have been expected to fill the frame is out. Good news for DD fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭evillive

just back

went with the intention of backing Democratic Deficit for a place on the tote but i didnt like the odds,

changed my mind, dubawi looked really well in the ring, so did democratic deficit but not so much, oratorio looked really edgy

backed Dubawi for a win who flew when he made the rail, and had the forecast with DD which was scuppered oratorio so i think i came out as good as i'd hoped

Bago looks the real deal tomorrow

Democratic Deficit didnt win and even on very good ground might not have beaten Dubawi. Wouldnt be getting carried away with the winner just yet though. Godolphin are putting a spin on this horse that Ive never seen the likes of before. Dettori saying afterwards that he took the horse to the rails, he drifts when pressure is applied. It doesnt stop him much but it is a trait, and he was onyl 2l ahead of Oratario in the end.

At least those who backed DD ew were in profit. (smallish)

Advertisement