Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick-up game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Who plays down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hey is anyone interested in going down today at 3????

Need to put an end to all the bitching down there so if we get our own team together,we should be ok.It's only the local irish people down there that bitch anyway and there not even that good.

Is there any other courts around to organise a game at?

It's kinda central for everyone to get to.

Edit:Just leaving the house now,should be down there in about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Played down there yesterday (Saturday) for a little while. Was pretty sick, have been dying with a flue since Wednesday/Thursday. Missed an open dunk and a lot of jump shots, took today in bed instead, feeling better now!

How was today? Noticing the bitching a lot more now, there's a crowd of estonians that play down there, they can be annoying enough to play against at times, always seem to have rows with the local Irish guys down there.

Phil.

• Advertisement

I found its just constant argueing there and it can get real nasty at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

ive been playin between there and mt.joy square for years now and ive seen and been involved in plenty of arguments but its never escalated... u gotta take it with a good handful of salt... its not organised, some of the players thing they are way better than they are and its streetball(ish)... if there wasnt any bitchin or trash talkin then it would be no fun either

Sunday was surprisingly ok, a small bit of bitching but just kept my mouth shut & didn't start an argument. Hey Phil,Tut tut on that missed dunk!!!

Probably go down on saturday this week if anyone wants to go down.

I'll be down on Sat as well

Is there a nigerian guy still playing down there. Hes 6'1 and really built and ripped. hes crap at ball but hes as mad as a brush. I used to get a grwat laugh listning to him. Hes a madman he was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

hahaha.... i know who u mean... that blooke is a madman... totally bonkers... and a terrible baller.... he always looks like he's pepped up on goofballs the whole time... i saw him round town a while ago but havnt seen him down the courts in a good while.

Looking to see if anybody is going to start going down here again? Phil? Lafortezza? Soundwave?

Have you been down already? Are there crowds? Weather has been a bit unpredictable lately!

My work leaving drinks are on this Friday, so don't think I'll be in much of a state to do anything on Saturday ... maybe Sunday ... depends on the weather.

When you thinking?

Haven't been down yet but thinking of the following weekend as I've got college fri- mod this week.

Hopefully weather will be better and more consistent by then.

Might also try one of the evenings next week as it stays bright till after 9 at this stage.

I'll post here when I'm going anyway.

Following weekend is me out, heading away to Killarney with a load of my mates, but gimme a shout if you're heading down any of the Monday-Wednesday evenings next week.

Cool, might try and go down early next week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hey guys, I'd be interested in heading down if any of you guys are around?

Weekday evenings suit me better than weekends.

Phil knows me and can contact me :)

Tox

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Hey guys, I'd be interested in heading down if any of you guys are around?

Weekday evenings suit me better than weekends.

Phil knows me and can contact me :)

Tox

Yeah cool tox, will post here when I'm going down.

I'm eager to get back into things so I'm hoping for next monday/tuesday evening.

Either should suit fine, although according to Met Eireann (but what the hell do they know) Monday and Tuesday are gonna be showery at different parts of the day!

ill be up for heading down, maybe try get a weeknight a nd a get a decent crowd from here down.

• Advertisement

ill be up for heading down, maybe try get a weeknight a nd a get a decent crowd from here down.

yeah cool bowe, will let you know the situation on monday afternoon.

Think today is a bit wet for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Haven't checked this thread in a while, where are you talking about meeting?

Gardiner street courts

The sun is coming out for a bit now ... if the ground is wet though or there's much wind, very litle point in going down.

So what's the call then?

boards seemed to be up and down earlier, couldn't respond, getting some database error. We'll see what it's like tomorrow.

phil wrote:
    boards seemed to be up and down earlier, couldn't respond, getting some database error. We'll see what it's like tomorrow.

Well from the the off, it seems alot better, hopefully it's a little warmer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

Are there any girls playing?

Got a bit of a cold now but if the weather keeps up like this, I'll be well up for going down. 6.30 ?

Dalas, about girls ... I dunno? Last year it was pretty much lads down there, not sure what it's like this year ... If you think you can compete with the fellas playing there, come on down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

compete with the fellas? not a hope by the sounds of the players! but if ya need a water girl let me know!!! only joking... just in case!

Advertisement