Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick-up game

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

phil wrote:
    Got a bit of a cold now but if the weather keeps up like this, I'll be well up for going down. 6.30

Yeah 6:30 sounds cool.

Dalas, there's always need for water girls or cheerleaders so you're more than welcome. You always get a number of girls down there on the weekends as I've seen them there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

You got a ball man? I left mine in a gym in Naas about 3 weeks ago and have had nothing since. Btw, if it's raining you can take it I won't be going! I'll try and see can I get one after work, but may be a bit too late

phil wrote:
    You got a ball man? I left mine in a gym in Naas about 3 weeks ago and have had nothing since. Btw, if it's raining you can take it I won't be going! I'll try and see can I get one after work, but may be a bit too late

I'm working on getting a ball now, a friend has mine, just have to get into his place to get it.

Rain check, it's just started p!ssing down where I live and it's on it's way into town so another day called off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

yep its lashing out, so another day.

• Advertisement

Anyone going in this evening?

Beautiful day out today... anyone up for this evening?

phil wrote:
    Beautiful day out today... anyone up for this evening?

Gonna give it a miss, the back isn't feeling great and gonna lift instead. AFAIK that's still on tomorrow but will confirm for definate either way tomorrow.

I'm heading in now and will probably be down there tomorrow too.

There was some good games down there yesterday and today, if tomorrow is as good as either of the past 2 days I'll be down there at about 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Is anyone playing ball on the southside??? Any pick up games around?

N.

nialo wrote:
    Is anyone playing ball on the southside??? Any pick up games around?

N.

You should check out the court on Gardiner Street, good competitive games down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

True... ive been there before. problem is that i can only go there on a saturday.. would love to play during the week as well... Besides renting a gym and gettin a few lads together what other options are there on the southside.. terenure area or the like..

nialo wrote:
    True... ive been there before. problem is that i can only go there on a saturday.. would love to play during the week as well... Besides renting a gym and gettin a few lads together what other options are there on the southside.. terenure area or the like..

Well I used to ball up in Colaiste Eanna but I don't think there's been much happening up there the last few years.

If I remember rightly, I've seen a decent court on the luas line (Green line, coming from Sandyford/Stillorgan to town), around about the Milltown stop and I saw a few guys playing there ... might be worth checking out but I'm afraid I don't have anything more concrete.

Phil.

I'm going down to the courts on Gardiner St for about 4 if anybody wants to join me.

Well today's games were great :rolleyes: Managed to come home with scrapes all over my arms. Now if there from the gf I don't mind, but the lads are taken the piss down the tbh, all the moaning really annoys me - calling fouls for getting tipped!!! I really can't wait till the tournament this year when the refs are there, gonna ****ing crush them and win the damn thing!!!

I went down as well about 5.30/6. Awful lot of bitching going on and calling tip fouls (I blocked a guy in the motion and he started going off on one) as you said.

Is there a tournament down there this year?

Btw you guys still playing on Wed? I'm working in Dundalk now for a while, so I can't get back to Dublin before 8 in the evenings. Hopefully should change soon enough.

Yeah the tourney is the 3rd weekend in August I think.

Yeah training is still happening, a few of us are trying to get another night going too, just for some extra fitness.

Do my best to get down this Wed, but can't see it happening! Hopefully be able to make it down a bit earlier a bit more soon. If you're organising anything later in the evening, say around 8, count me in if it's during the week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mic.sca@gmail.c

I'm a southsider,i live in sandiford. there is a basketball court 5oo meters far from the killmacud luas station,if you follow the road just outside the station in the south direction U will find it on the right.
    but...nobody plays there....just me sometimes in the evenings...

That just off Blackthorne Avenue? That's right beside where I used to live..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Know of any courts in South Dublin where there are regular games that would be open to anyone these days? Only court i know of is Bushy Park and theres never anyone there.

the court is down killmackud road, 100mts before the crossing with the m50, right beside the road on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

the court is down killmackud road, 100mts before the crossing with the m50, right beside the road on the right.

Hey, im just after moving to dundrum recently and was looking for a court to have a few shots in the evenings, just to get back into it. Used to play alot up till a couple years ago, anyway just wonderung can someone give me directions to these courts please? Say if im coming down through dundrum village past the old shopping center on my left, go right at the lights and then at the bridge turn right, is that the killmackud rd?? Sorry but im wreckless with street/road names, always just know where im going from shops or pubs on the rd, Where will i go after that?
    Thanks in advance folks.
    Vinnie.

Hey, im just after moving to dundrum recently and was looking for a court to have a few shots in the evenings, just to get back into it. Used to play alot up till a couple years ago, anyway just wonderung can someone give me directions to these courts please? Say if im coming down through dundrum village past the old shopping center on my left, go right at the lights and then at the bridge turn right, is that the killmackud rd?? Sorry but im wreckless with street/road names, always just know where im going from shops or pubs on the rd, Where will i go after that?
    Thanks in advance folks.
    Vinnie.
    ok, i think I can give you more accurate information,
    search for
    blackthorn grove ,dublin, ireland, there's the court, let me know if you go there some evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miniseb

hi

I ve just arrived to dublin, I live in the city center, where can I play basketball game, I came to parnell street - gardiner streetplay ground but there isnt any hoop. any idea? if you go somewhere to play, tell me i m in.

The hoops were ripped down there. The lads have moved up to Mountjoy square I think. It's just up the road.

You can see it up on the map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mountjoy+square&sll=53.344104,-6.267493&sspn=0.357463,1.2854&ie=UTF8&ll=53.355341,-6.253452&spn=0.005584,0.020084&z=16&om=1

Advertisement