Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Help!

Options
  • 17-05-2005 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I really need some help here! I'm looking to buy a megane or peugeot convertible. I have the loan approved and all that lark but I need to sell my car first..and FAST! I've put it in the buy and sell and a few other places but I would appreciate any help and advice on selling it fast. I'm buying my car privately so trade in is out of the question :(
    Its an 03 Citroen C3 and has lexus lights and cool seat covers so it is different from the usual ones. Please any one with advice reply!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Oh they are a nice car. I took one for a test drive about a month ago and thought it was a great car. Shame I didnt actually have the money to buy it. I would have took it on the spot otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

autotrader.ie cbg.ie newspaper classifieds, motors for sale forum here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MaddyDv

Thanks for that, have rang the local paper and posted for sale on here.... you're a star :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Print out a couple of For Sale sheets with a number on them.....leave car then where alot of people will be passing....I have sold 5 cars by using that.....cheap way to advertise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

give us the exact spec and how much you are advertising it for.

If it's nearly new..... most people these days will think, well for a couple of k more, which is only say €20/month, I can get a brand new one.

So, you might be pricing it too high. It's a buyers market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Paul (MN) wrote:

So, you might be pricing it too high. It's a buyers market.

Big time - you really need to price right to get a sale.

BTW go with the Megane, far nicer looking with top up and down

The same as mine (without the lights and black seats that is) are selling for about 11000/11500 in the garages but if I was offered 10300 I'd take it in a sec!! I want to get my new car soon..the summer will be over before I know it! And yes I agree definitely the megane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

MaddyDv wrote:
    The same as mine (without the lights and black seats that is) are selling for about 11000/11500 in the garages but if I was offered 10300 I'd take it in a sec!!

I bet you would! But a car from a garage will sell for more than you can get privately because:
    It comes with a guarantee - probably 12 months for an 03
    It will probably just have been serviced
    As it's guaranteed, it won't be a complete lemming
    The garage will probably take a trade in

All advantages the garage have over you - all you can do is negotiate on the price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

plus don't expect to get anything extra for 'lexus' lights or fancy seat covers, they ain't worth an extra penny to someone buying the car and are not always to people's taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

A Citroen C3 in a garage for €11,000.

If I was buying a car that would be up against Yaris and Micras, touhg competition. Seeing as it is a Citroen I would expect to be able to wave 10,00 in cash to get it.

That 10,000 will include a warranty.

So, privately you are looking 9,000 quite possibly less to get a quick sale.

• Advertisement

I don't expect anything extra for the "fancy" stuff but it does make the car look completely different to the others. Last year I sold a 1996 Fiesta for £3000 coz of "fancy" stuff when the garages were selling them for £2000, How bad is what I say!! Anyway thanks for your advice and encouragement. Have been offered £9500 as a trade in against a 206 convertible so will hold out for that private sale!

Advertisement