Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Crap moments....

• 17-05-2005 11:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got any good "oh Crap!" moments?

I did the unthinkable and fireballed a mob on a ledge above us in Gnomeregan, bringing only .. oooh, about 25 mobs and nameds and elites down on our heads. Funny thing was it was about 2 mins later (or so it felt)... we'd continued on until... "Oh, craaaap!". :)

Turning round to look straight into the face of a Devilsaur was pretty scary too :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hah, devilsaurs, nyom.

Not Oh Crap because of something I did, but Oh Crap nonetheless when a dumbass hunter decided he was going to run out of my curse-curing range so he could run out of the area and aggro even more mobs, in MC, because we weren't busy enough :rolleyes:
    I coulda killed him.

Oh Crap 2 days ago when I was spamming a key I thought I had bound to blink (trying to get out of roots), but instead it had been set to Slow Fall? Yeah that's real handy. "Missing Reagent: Light Feather" did seem a little odd, but I must have been in another world. I used up my last 3 feathers trying to blink out (d'oh), before I realised, and then nearly jumped off a cliff later thinking I could use slow fall, but luckily realised I'd used them all just in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

me and irishpsycho and a warrior we up in Crushridge killing elite ogres. I put a hunters mark on one and waited until Irishpsycho had his mana back to full. Whilst this was going on I seen a named ogre in a building near us. I clicked on him to see what lvl he was (Gommus 39 elite). So Irishpsycho is ready and i click amied shot for the dude I marked. Only problem is I completely forgot I hadn't changed targets back to original Ogre and Gommus came charging at us with none of us ready for him. Adds joined in the fun and needless to say we got annihilated. after the initial Oh crap reaction I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at what I'd done.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

a few more brief ones I thought of:

In the middle of an intense and violent PvP at Tarren Mill, I target a rogue who has particularly annoyed me and run forward a little to press button 2 for sheep. Until I remembered I'd swapped in Blink (teleport forward) instead of Sheep. Ooops. Picture a small gnome standing sheepishly in the middle of the horde.

I rode my brand new mount off the side of Darnassus while messing about on it. You know, its a *really* long way down....

Finished an instance (SM), everyone safe and well, all happy etc. So I go to create a portal for us to bail into when juuuuust as the spell is about to complete, one of the group says "Poket, thats a teleport!!!!". Oh crap....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I rode my brand new mount off the side of Darnassus while messing about on it. You know, its a *really* long way down....
    I did something similar when i first started on the US server.
    I died doing that furbolg quest. Went to get back to my body in wisp form and jumped off the edge. I musta spent about 45mins in wisp form slowly going around teldresil looking for a way up (didnt know about ruther'ran village). Eventually found out that u can get fatigue in wisp form and ended up back at the spirit healer =)

This isnt really an o **** moment but had me in stitches.
    Myself and a m8 were on ts and up at quel'tharas lodge (ya know the one filled with lvl 58-60 NE NPC's in the eastern plaguelands). Basically we been trying to get this book inside there for _ages_. Eventually we take it in turns to die and agro everything while other gets the book. My turn to get the book and my m8 dies. I quickly jump outta there onto the cliff edge slightly below to res him. Little did i know he'd res in mid air slightly behind me and fall to his death. There was silence for about 5 secs before we both broke out laughin which didnt stop for about 5 mins, him cursin the whole time.

ahh, the joys of wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I attacked a guy standing there on his own, to find 6 rogues come out of hiding all around me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I attacked a guy standing there on his own, to find 6 rogues come out of hiding all around me.

LOL. Similar thing happened to me. See a lone priest fishing in Stranglethorn Vale. I remember thinking is this guy mad, fishing in stranglethorn vale. Set my pet on him and started firing, then bam, 3 rogues. Fantastic.

Advertisement