Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless link to HiFi

• 17-05-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Want to use my LapTop's Audio Library as a jukebox basically, so that a user can simply double click a song stored on my hard drive and it will play on my stereo. I have a wireless card on the laptop aswell as a wireless access point connected to an ADSL router. Can i connect to my stereo's AUX input without wires to do this?? I have seen some products that can do similar but all of the ones I saw don't allow control from the LapTop. So basically all i want is a wireless bridge from my PC to my stereo.. Anyone else done this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

okay seems good. Have a few questions though... Can i simultaneously connect to the web and my stereo?? Do you have to use itunes??? And what cales does it use to connect to the stereo???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

1: Yep, can be on the web and listening to music at the same time
    2: Have to use iTunes. If you haven't used iTunes, its great. Thoroughly recommend it even if you don't get airport.
    3: The audio connection to the airport is the same type as that which is on the end of regular walkman/iPod headphones. My connection to my stereo has a left and right input. The typical red & white stereo cables. What I needed was a cable that went from a headphone jack to stereo red/white left/right. think it was under €5 in some stereo shop. Not difficult to find nor expensive.

One other thing. rumour has it that Apple are brining out a remote control for the Airport. So you'll be able to control it from your laptop, or little apple remote.

Let me know if you've any more questions. happy to give you my opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

that's great help.

I will look at itunes. :p

Hopefully this will give me that juke box i was lookin for. and i know the audio cable that you need and think i already have one. Jus need to run a network cable near my stereo now so that i can jus plug it and leave it there. Ta :D

Advertisement