Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken and broccoli bake

• 17-05-2005 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

How do you make the sauce to go with this dish (from scratch) , or is it just a plain white roux sauce???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭golfgirl

Hi Tammyo, just happened upon this now, and I'm a big chicken & Broccoli bake fan. Yeah, I just make a roux, usual white sauce deal, but I take it off the heat at the end and stir in a handful of grated cheese, avonmore, don't want it as cheesy as a lasagne sauce, probably not really necessary.

By the way, I put bacon and onion in my bake too, and I was thinking of adding some nuts to give it some crunch ... do you add anything different to yours?
    Would you have an opinion on a good nut to throw in ... pine nuts maybe ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

hey, i think chicken and broccoli bake is the same thing as what we call chicken divan.....but we put a whole lot of other things into the sauce:
    cream,mayonnaise,curry powder, lemon juice, and campbells cream of chicken soup...dont knock it till you've tried it!!....heaven :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't bother making a proper sauce as such, but just mix a tub of fromage frais and some grated cheddar into the cooked chicken and brocolli. Usually add some (cooked) pasta twirls and a few cherry vine tomatoes too. When I'm cooking the chicken I usually throw in a finely chopped shallot and some crushed garlic too.

BTW, re. nuts, pine nuts sound good.

Advertisement