Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cars and Mp'3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Not 100% certain but AFAIK iPods do not store music in the part of the disc which is seen as a mass storage devices. I suspect the Zen touch is the same. You have to dedicate some of the storage to act mass storage devices and copy a duplicate of the MP3 files there as well. The iPod won't be able to see mp3s in the area dedicated to mass storage device as music, only data.

iRivers and Rio Carbon on the other hand are mass storage devices. Which is why you can just drag mp3's to them as if they were a disk. You don't need any special software as you do with the iPods or the Creative Players.

You can drag and drop witht he zen touch as well. It does work as a mass storage device afaik but when I connect it to the sterio it either just turns on or starts charging and the sterio can't find any music. Might just buy an external HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

sprinkles wrote:
    You can drag and drop witht he zen touch as well. It does work as a mass storage device afaik but when I connect it to the sterio it either just turns on or starts charging and the sterio can't find any music. Might just buy an external HD

Do you need drivers to enable the drag and drop? Or can you just plug it into a machine and use windows explorer to drag and drop the files across?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Do you need drivers to enable the drag and drop? Or can you just plug it into a machine and use windows explorer to drag and drop the files across?

Not 100% sure. I installed the drivers before I tried. To be honest I think you prob need the drivers so I see what your getting at. I'll check it out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Bummer - my cd player doesn't have an 'aux' mode. Just switches between CD and radio. Tried all the buttons. It's a Sony - 5 years old. Is it worth taking it out to check the connections at the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rhonddageff

I have an iRiver H320 but cant get the Goodmans gce7205usb to play any music. I connect the iRiver and usb play comes up on the display on the head unit and the iRiver says connected, but I cant get anything to play. Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

Geth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Just bought a 'Belkin Tunecast' from Ebay to hook up my iPod in the car. Cost about 11 euro incl. delivery! Cheap as chips! Took 2 seconds to tune into the radio and my iPod sounds super! Don't know how long the batteries will last (takes 2 AAA) but can always use rechargeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Ya same here, I just got a H10, cos i was told that that would do the job with the goodmans, but I tries it out earlier, it says USB CONNECTED and them SAFE TO DISCONNECT but no music plays......

Why.....?

Advertisement