Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever use Broadband4Ireland

• 17-05-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ever used Broadband4Ireland for satellite BB?
    If so are they reliable, is the quality of service o.k
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

From what I hear satellite broadband is useless for gaming due to the latency of the connection. If you're not into gaming then you can ignore this. I've no first hand experience of satellite myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

as far as I know, most Satellite bb providers get their service off the Astra satellite. Im telling you this because this means the performance of most of the satellite bb providers in Ireland (and all over Europe) will be the exact same, with the only thing being different is the price and the equipment.

As for performance, if you play games then its a big NO NO, however it is quiet decent for downloading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

you also need to connect via 56k at the same time for most of these services as satellite traffic is one way in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

not anymore though - theres plenty of two way services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i have the satellite service from E3 broadband
    very impressed but literally cant play online games so im only going to keep it until wireless and dsl come out in my area
    installation fee was €349 that was a rip of imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement