Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone doing for the Summer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

kasintahan wrote:
    Gym: Less cardio, more heavy lifting. Fix bodyfat % (stupid belly *grrrrr* :mad:)....Bake cookies, lots of cookies. :cool:
    I saw no exidence of a belly on you at any of the boards beer thingys! Anyway have to agree about baking cookies - can't believe I forgot that!
    Red Alert wrote:
    1) Work on an internship in the elec department
    Interesting...who are you working with?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm going to be working with Conor Heneghan. Must check actually when I start. :)

I like the computer-count Kas! 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 server (linux) and soon to be 1 firewall/web server (openbsd)! That program to do catalogueing sounds good - mine are all in a mess too, and the worst thing is that the ID tags are wrong on a lot of the files! :eek:

EDIT: AFAIK I think Netsoc may have disabled either the inbound or outbound port forwards from the server's perspective. You should probably ask one of the admins to open the port for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

You spelt 'heifer' wrong. :p

irony...or humour or sarcasm or something....

ah crud.

well i did post it at like 1am...strange things happen after the witching hour...pixis steal your ability to spell, so they do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

you spelt pixies wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Syth wrote:
    Outside? The big blue room? Phht!
    Lol... Programmers are like vampires. The sunlight may kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

For the summer? Sleeping til I get a job. Then paying off debt. And trying to convince boyfriend to take time off to go on holiday. I also plan on doing as little thinking as possible without doing something like walking in front of buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Eh well I'm sarting work on Monday and have Sociology repeat exams in August....... exciting heh. Wooooo :confused:

If anyone else Summer sounds as boring as mine I give you a massive online hug out of sympathy*

*disclaimer: only if you are female as if I gave a bloke a massive hug it may ruin my street cred

Real men feel pain too... even John Wayne admitted this!! So heres a male-bonding hug to ya!! BTW I'm a known hugger of any and everthing... from aardvarks to zygots....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Superman wrote:
    Fair play, but don't forget to go outside , you don't want to end up looking like those feeble pasty people I constantly see arround computer science. I could nearly say some of them are deficient in sunlight.
    BTW is there anyway you can use orca as a proxy to access a vnc (TightVNC) server at another location?
    thanks

funny - the comp sci people who get the most sun are the ones who stand outside smoking... bit aof a health trade-off =0)

We were thinking about looking into TightVNC stuff at some point over the summer, but no guarentee ths will happen (possible secutity problems, ugly port forwarding stuff... yeknow)

larry's summer:
    - hopefully be doing this summer internship in comp sci dept. (will know by friday)
    - will be redesigning netsoc's entire inner structure (with the help of my sysad-minions)(like syth)
    - will be helping the webmaster with completely redesigning netsoc web interface (same style, totally different content)
    - will be doing 5h1tloads of caving and climbing, possibly a week of same in yorkshire
    - will hopefully be going to a few gigs =0)
    - will finally have a degree!!!! WOOHOO! been in UCD since 2000 and nothing to show for it yet. this will all change by the 21st of june =0)
    - will qualify to go on into 4th year comp sci and get an honours degree (currently just a general sci degree)
    - will go boogie boogie *waves index fingers in identical clockwise circles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

larryone wrote:
    We were thinking about looking into TightVNC stuff at some point over the summer, but no guarentee ths will happen (possible secutity problems, ugly port forwarding stuff... yeknow)
    Cool man! VNC tis' a handy thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Well my plans for the summer, inter-railing, totally fell through last night, due to my friends' total inability to grasp reality. They seem to think they can visit pretty much everywhere in Europe in a month. So now, I dunno what I'm going to do! I refuse to stay in Dublin all summer, REFUSE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

go to toronto for the summer and hopefully have the time of my life away from irelands crappy summer weather and general boring atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

lateasever wrote:
    you spelt pixies wrong

for the love of fluffy cheese!!!

Work from July for one whole year on campus.

Not your campus though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

he's new tcd provost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

I'm working in a bank from June. Potentially forever, since these exams are finals. . .

Money is pretty good though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Work, work, work. I want/need money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 pookie pixie

1. Finish these exams.....will the torment ever end??The restaurant is seriously getting old and you know you're in the minority when people come up drunk to the window and start scaring you (in a funny but not so funny way)......
    2.Go home and remember what a family should look like
    3.get on a plane and head to chigago for 2 weeks
    4.get back on a plane, come home and sleep for 2 days
    5.get on a plane and fly to london, new york and then haiti to volunteer for a month
    6.get to the dominican republic somehow after the month is up
    7.come back to ireland after a ridiculous amount of flying (2 days i think)
    8.sleep,be all messed up in a weird time zone..........
    9........then start worring about all the money i owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

1. Finish these exams.....will the torment ever end??The restaurant is seriously getting old and you know you're in the minority when people come up drunk to the window and start scaring you (in a funny but not so funny way)......
    Was in there the other night, and at about 11:30 a big gang of ppl started walking along right outside the window with cans and pizza - then settled down in full few and started to eat/drink/be drunk and laugh at us! I was tempted to go outside and join them, come next Saturday...

Alana wrote:
    for the love of fluffy cheese!!!

Aah fluffy cheese!
    I miss France!

• Advertisement
Advertisement