Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WANTED for DUI (DJ's, graphics, promoters)

• 17-05-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

WANTED for DUI (DJ's, graphics, promoters)

Following on from our successful launch part last Friday, we are on the lookout for some home-grown talent out there to help with the work load. We are looking for similar minded people out there who would like to be involved in seeing DUI grow in strength. If you are in this to make money, then you can stop reading now, but if you are truly interested in helping out, having a laugh and a few beers, then give me a shout

DJ's - We are looking for people with something different about their sets. Most people can mix, but its the little extras that make you stand out. Our music policy tends to be funky house, disco rock, electro, tech house, 70's/80's to name a few. But realistically we'll listen to anything except hard house or hard techno or hard on's!! We use a lot of samples (movies, songs, noise etc..) and acapellas on our mixes so thats one thing different.

Graphics/Visuals - One of the big success's of our first night was the live visuals by Skinny Boy. So we are keen to follow up on this. If you have an interest in visuals, graphics (website) or flyer design, give me a shout.

Promoters - If you'd like to help out with the promotion of the night through websites, boards, flyer-ing, competitions etc..

Check out www.duidjs.com for further details:-

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

One of my mates is fairly good with the 'ol eletro I'll give him a show of this topic
    also see you had a free night. thats brilant news for a friday, had a look at the tracklist you had on your page, nice n varied. could see myself enjoying that night of that tracklist

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Nice one Lenny, think I met ya at a party in Terenure a year or so ago.

aka Pookster off clubbing-ie

Pass on the info to your mate anyway and we'll see what happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahhh pookster I think I remember your name now, jaus now that you say your old name I thought you died an old book!
    My mate would only be submitting tapes I'd say because thats all he can record in his gaff, and i fotmatted c and can't seem to get the decks hooked up to the pc for some reason(more fiddlin about needed)
    best of luck with your night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Sounds like a good set up monkeyman. I like seeing variety in a venue like that. I live near Tullamore in Offaly, but I'd love to be considered as part of the DJ's Wanted part. Been doing that kind of stuff you're looking for, for the past 8 years. Variety is good!

Seanie.

Hi Seanie,
    Can ya send me on a current mix please. PM or mail me for an address.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You want people to Drive Under the Influence?? Cool

We like a bit of anything under the Influence

Advertisement