Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingerbread House has closed down....

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

solice wrote:
    Are these new Cafe/Pubs going to be like what the New Port is?
    Whats the new port?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

The Newport is the pub next to the ginger bread. Nice place pity mangans is part of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Dimitri wrote:
    Nice place pity mangans is part of it!

EXACTLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Newport isn't all that comfortable inside it, and is dark. But the concept is good. I'd be interested in seeing a well-executed cafe-bar type place in the city.

Today I was thinking in the afternoon how much I'd like a chai latte (!!), but I couldn't think of any place that was open on a Sunday!! Godd damm it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Most pubs do the whole fancy coffee thing now dont they?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

~Rebel~ wrote:
    i liked the way you could get your own pot of coffee. never had the food there except for the odd scone. pub cafe thing would be good alright, if they could keep it in ratio and not just another pub that also sells coffee..

Hmm.. they browned me off one morning. Went in for a Sunday breakfast and odered the biggie (it was Sunday, I had peace from the kids..etc) and I was majorly annoyed that the coffee was extra - nearly everywhere else includes coffee in their breakfast....sheesh....

Advertisement