Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***raw 16/05 Spoiler***

• 17-05-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Watched Raw live on Sky Sports last night and could'nt believe what unfolded in the Edge/Kane match.

We already knew Vince and the writers had no morals but this really proves it.

But you have to hand it to him, he knows how to get a reaction out of the fans

The backlash from V1. fans in the arenas, and on this board should be very interesting...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

And the spoiler is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

D-FENS wrote:
    Watched Raw live on Sky Sports last night and could'nt believe what unfolded in the Edge/Kane match.

We already knew Vince and the writers had no morals but this really proves it.

But you have to hand it to him, he knows how to get a reaction out of the fans

The backlash from V1. fans in the arenas, and on this board should be very interesting...

I thought it was disgraceful to be honest. You're right. Vince has no morals whatsoever. It's a shame there's not more solidarity in the back for Matt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

I don't get it, what is Vince thinking, he could have at least let things calm down a bit, say six months or so.

He is mixing something that is real and it's got nothing to do with wrestling, Vince knows very well that there is a lot of fans that are very unhappy what he did with Matt, so what does he do, he put Lita and Edge together knowing full well bad or good publicity will make him more money with this issue, it sucks, it's out of order, clever or not clever Vince you know how to kick some one who is down!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

its stupid and wrong and matt should not take this lying down there has to be somthing he can do its wrong and its for the sake of money why?

and lets not forget the writers came up with this and vince aproved it which makes me think that they realy have run out of ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

maxtrax wrote:
    I don't get it, what is Vince thinking, he could have at least let things calm down a bit, say six months or so.

He is mixing something that is real and it's got nothing to do with wrestling, Vince knows very well that there is a lot of fans that are very unhappy what he did with Matt, so what does he do, he put Lita and Edge together knowing full well bad or good publicity will make him more money with this issue, it sucks, it's out of order, clever or not clever Vince you know how to kick some one who is down!

It's all about exploitation. Edge and Lita will be the most hated pair in wrestling since Triple H and Stephanie. Vince doesn't care about Matt Hardy. He is pissed off at the fans for starting the chants and pissed off at Matt for making the situation public. It's yet another example of Vince putting dollars before morals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Welcome to the wrestling soap opera that is Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Did anyone really think he wouldnt use an real life incident in WWE programming? C'mon people this is nothing to what he has used in the past

Mae Young giving birth to a hand
    The Dudleyz powerbombing every woman in sight including Mae Young
    Mae Young's "boobs" at the Royal Rumble
    Mark Henry's encounter with a transvestite
    Stephanie's wedding to Test and then to HHH (who drugged her)

Because its still fresh in people's minds - a lot of people are going to over-react (when in all fairness the only person allowed to react at all is Matt Hardy himself, since its a comparisson to his real life that is being used)

Personally I was only giving it time before this occured, why - because the fans created the scenario - they boo'ed the hell out of Lita, so the natural progression is to turn her heel and have her side with Edge - why are so many people getting worked up over this?

Yes its insensitive to Matt Hardy, but he is no longer employed by WWE - and as DDP said to Foley once - "one of us was still on TV"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

he didnt cash in on the angle pudar thing he didnt cash in on other sitautions that arose like the one named but he cashed in on smut. Says it all tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ph3n0m wrote:
    and as DDP said to Foley once - "one of us was still on TV"

What was the situation between DDP and Mick again, Phenom?

I know i read it in "Have a nice day" but i've forgotten the details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

ah it was just a joke where DDP "stole" the spin around clothesline that Foley "invented". DDP justified in using the move, because he was still on TV - no animosity as Foley himself says he would do the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Just watched it there and i must say, i didnt see it coming but great anyway.
    I really loved the bit where Jerry Lawler was saying "Lita screwed Kane" and other things where you could put Matt's name in place of Kane's. That though was nasty. I could just imagine matt going mad and throwing the remote at the srceen. Actually there was alot of kissing on Raw this week, wonder what's up with that.

The shock value is priceless though and i dont we'll forget this thing soon. We all remember the Bret Hart screw job and this is no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Keep in mind Matt Hardy did n't rule out doing an angle with the gruesome twosome if they gave him his job back. So for him to come out and say how disgusted he was smacks of hypocracy. Im sick of the whole thing. I did nt agree with Matt Hardy being fired but peoples private lives are peoples private lives and all this being played out on the net is ridiculous. I can see why the angle was done, the crowd was reacting to the situation. Lita was heavily being booed so they reacted to the audience. However its all boring me, Matt says this, Lita wants this Jeff was angry at thst.
    I like wathcing wrestling not bad never ending soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Keep in mind Matt Hardy did n't rule out doing an angle with the gruesome twosome if they gave him his job back. So for him to come out and say how disgusted he was smacks of hypocracy.

I don't think it's hypocritical. I would look at it as being one thing for those actually involved to use the situation and something totally different for another party, eg Kane to profit from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think it's hypocritical. I would look at it as being one thing for those actually involved to use the situation and something totally different for another party, eg Kane to profit from it

Id completetly disagree with your interprtation. I have n't got the motivation to argue. This story has been stale for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I was a bit shocked when i saw it and thought jrs commentary was class. A bit of me did think "what the f***?" and poor old matt. But it prob was inevitable.

But if people are going to blast Vince mcmahon for doing something purposely to get a reaction,which is what plays a big factor in sports entertainment and what this is doing successfully, then why bother watching if your all so pi$$ed off with it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Swandive

I'm surprised they took so long, and if I was Vince, I'd hire Matt back purely for the feud. Matt himself said he would be willing to be in an angle based on it, but he changed his tune when they went ahead without him.

The crowd was pretty quiet though. Hopefully, for Matt's sake, they won't boo Lita and Edge, they'll just sit on their hands. That'd be the best indicator that people aren't happy, because you can spin boos as being good heat. Look at Xpac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

They had no other choice but to turn Lita heel, the reception she's been getting the last few weeks.

And why not use the situation to their advantage, it's not like Matt Hardy hasn't been playing victim the last while, even telling people he was about to propose, getting as much sympathy as he possibly can. Hopefully once his no wrestling clause is up, he'll shut up and do what he has to do in the ring.

Advertisement