Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway city roadworks nightmare

Options
  • 17-05-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Can someone tell me if i am the only one who is geting incredibly fed up with the road works in Galway. It seems that everywhere i go i get diverted to somewhere else. It now takes me probably twice the time to get to where i am going wherever that might be. look at the state of the Newcastle road, Erye square and Salthill to name but a few. Does anybody else share the same view. How unorganised are our roads authorities. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Galways a mess due to not having a ring road (and no sign of one in the short/medium term either). Until they stick one in, things will get much worse before they get better.
    Headford Road is the pits - the city really needs a new shopping centre to relieve the pressure on h'ford rd. I can only assume its cos of the lack of a good site with adequate roads thats preventing this - as the demand is definitely in place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Why is Newcastle road being dug up again? They did it not three weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

I havent seen newcastle road but I'd imagine if it was dug up a month or so ago its probably getting its permanent (until it get dug up again for whayever reason!) road surface coating

As for a ring road, what we really need is another bridge over the corrib ie the Galway City outer bypass project thats in design but has been held up for ages by a few objectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

Dundhoone wrote:
    I havent seen newcastle road but I'd imagine if it was dug up a month or so ago its probably getting its permanent (until it get dug up again for whayever reason!) road surface coating

As for a ring road, what we really need is another bridge over the corrib ie the Galway City outer bypass project thats in design but has been held up for ages by a few objectors.

We really need that bypass. It would alieviate so much traffic from the east. Most of the traffic is created by all the new houses in knocknacarra. Crazy city planning.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

GAR! Clare fooking Galway. Took me nearly an hour to get through it both entering and leaving galway last night/today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement