Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution Unveiled: NOW!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's It!!!

??? Wtf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

They seem to be on an interval now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

glimmerman wrote:
    hey was that a zelda for my ds??

Yes, yes it was.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

if i payed to see that movie, i'd be pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

They seem to be on an interval now.

nope thats it its over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Rew wrote:
    Yes, yes it was.... :)
    no, no it wasnt

Deadwing wrote:
    no, no it wasnt

Ehhh, he held up a DS card with Zelds on the front.... So yes, yes it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

hmmmm, mostly lame :(

Rew wrote:

no no it wasnt ...do you have sound? It was a pressie to the attendees with a vid..or are you just a sarky bastard?

Rew wrote:
    He held up a ds cart with zelda on it and said 'this is the entire zelda video, that you will all get in a press pack'. :rolleyes: So no, it wasnt zelda ds.

• Advertisement

Have to say the fact that it can play all the previous consoles is pretty dam cool but how the **** are they going to work that?? Buy ROMs online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"stay tuned for the Nintendo pre-show press conference"? didn't thy just show it, or is there more?

Rew wrote:
    Have to say the fact that it can play all the previous consoles is pretty dam cool but how the **** are they going to work that?? Buy ROMs online?

that is pretty impressive...feckin amount of games in that back catalogue...

Deadwing wrote:
    He held up a ds cart with zelda on it and said 'this is the entire zelda video, that you will all get in a press pack'. :rolleyes: So no, it wasnt zelda ds.

Ahhhh crap.... no sound on my stream....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm in college and watched the video on one PC and the sopund on another. But they were out of sync. :( The Zelda DS cart was just a promo video for the press.

Must say I'm not impressed. Virtually nothing on Revolution. No info on controllers or screenshots. Boo-urns!

Gotta say, apart from the zelda footage the whole thing was pretty 'meh'

Anyone got a pic of the new mini-GBA?

So looks like ROMS will be downloaded

From Joystiq
    ”Backward compatibility: the disc drive will accept Gamecube games. We have designed Revolution to be a virtual console, enabling it to download 20 years of Nintendo content. ... It is the gaming experience that will most separate Revolution from its competitors.” This is huge! It will have built in emulation for NES, SNES, N64, as well as being able to read and play GameCube games!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Rew wrote:
    So looks like ROMS will be downloaded
    As apposed to the way they can be downloaded now... for free... and play on any PC.

All anyone cares about is the Revolution. They either should have released details or nothing at all. That said, the look of the thing has seriously dumbed down my ambitions for the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Rew wrote:
    Hmm, it really makes ye wonder how long they've had this in the pipeline... even years ago Nintendo had a really hardline attitude to rom sites and successfully got their content removed, far more active about it than other companies... I wonder is this why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I was kinda expecting them not to show too much of Revolution but didn't expect absolutely nothing....these controllers and the games themselves must be pretty damn amazing if they are so paranoid as to keep them under wraps.

The fact that they didn't show the controllers AS WELL AS the games has me suspicous....What if the games display is PART of the controller???!!!

There was all that fuss about the 3-d patents Ninty took out...
    The console itself that they showed just now might not need to be all powerful if a lot of processing power is incorporated into the controller and it's display......

-goes for a long hard think-

hmmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Will the downloading of these roms be free ? If so thats very ****ing impressive. Think of the backlog of games the system will have before you even buy a revolution game. All those N64 titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rom download will probably work a la nintendo vip system, certain amount of credit with each nintendo game you purchase.

or they could do it like that thing they launched in china (n64 controller that plugged into a tv and took flash memory), where you'd bring in a flash card to a store and buy the rom from a vending style machine, transferring it at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Once again, I comment as Nintendo novice gazing in but - to be honest - it didn't seem as though Nintendo were really ready to show anything about the Revolution at all? Perhaps their hand was forced somewhat by the presence of both the 360 and the PS3. However, as a Microsoft fanboy - I must admit that this 'revolution' is definitely intriguing me. It seems like my kind of console... I don't care about teraflops anymore, I almost think we're entering the "uncanny valley"(?) with regards to graphics at this stage...

EDIT: If Nintendo know what they're doing business-wise, they'll do a deal with some publishers of old N64 games which would never be bought - perhaps buy the rights to the game for some silly nominal fee, and then distribute them for free as ROM's. Imagine advertising that it came with "four free games"... parents would jump at this chance and buy a revolution for sure.

Nevertheless, for 'classic' N64/SNES/NES games which still have potential for being bought, I think Nintendo should charge some small fee for downloading them (I'm thinking the Super Mario 3's etc)... perhaps €1-5...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Goldeneye/perfect dark/mario golf multi-player goodness again.

d22ontour wrote:
    Goldeneye/perfect dark/mario golf multi-player goodness again.

IF you could download the entire N64 cataloug of games for free that would be seriously amazing. I think that could seriously boost the machines selling power...I would love to play old titles again.

If Nintendo make the mistake of charging for the games, I will be v.anoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

this week on jamster

get the crazy frog meets n64's backcatelogue

free game with every ringtone

eughhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Body harvest comes again... **** thats me sold.

I would imagine a subbie fee if its an online gaming service ala Xbox Live, wonder if they take CC details now :D

LOl i been bitching about a lack of Dancin games for Cube for ages well guess i got my wish :(

So to summarise Ninty saying **** you to the uber powerful Xbox 360 and Ps3 and going with the games sell machines line of thinking.

kdjac

Will they be releasing pictures of the controller today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you may have 2 teraflops but we have seventy squillion games!

Advertisement