Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution Unveiled: NOW!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

madrab wrote:
    you may have 2 teraflops but we have seventy squillion games!
    ... all starting with the word Mario...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

glimmerman wrote:
    ... all starting with the word Mario...

have you ever played a bad game with the word mario in it?

Tusky seems the pad isnt even designed according to EGs forums... :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

They've already said that their online service isn't going to require any sort of monthly/yearly fee, and with regards to the downloadable backcatalogue, Nintendo has two options:
    • Giving everyone complete access, for free, to every single one of their NES/SNES/N64 games, thereby removing any incentive for casual gamers to actually buy new Revolution games, thereby losing millions, or
    • Charging $5 a go for games that cost tu'pence to port over and emulate, thereby making tens of millions
    Now, which do you think they're going to choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

KdjaC wrote:

Tusky seems the pad isnt even designed according to EGs forums... :confused:

kdjac

Mario 2 wasnt great in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

I haven't played Mario Dance Party yet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Mario golf gc comes to mind. :mad:

d22ontour wrote:
    Mario golf gc comes to mind. :mad:

Thats only cos you had no mates to play it with, its an Mp game 1st one was superb simply cos the MP kept it going ffs we -26 on 1st course most of the time.

Mario 2?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

KdjaC wrote:

Mario 2?

kdjac

Super Mario Bros. 2 it was **** you could play as the princess mario etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thraktor wrote:
    They've already said that their online service isn't going to require any sort of monthly/yearly fee, and with regards to the downloadable backcatalogue, Nintendo has two options:
    • Giving everyone complete access, for free, to every single one of their NES/SNES/N64 games, thereby removing any incentive for casual gamers to actually buy new Revolution games, thereby losing millions, or
    • Charging $5 a go for games that cost tu'pence to port over and emulate, thereby making tens of millions

errr, not quite. How many people are going to buy the revolution console purely to play old games ? Not many. It would just act as a MASSIVE incentive to buy the revolution over the other consoles. If they do charge for the games Im sure there will be some way of downloading them for free anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Tusky wrote:
    If they do charge for the games Im sure there will be some way of downloading them for free anyway.
    Which people can already do with their PC's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Any N64 Emulation iv seen on the PC has been fairly crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

If they're gonna have some kinda crazy new joypad how is that gonna work with Gamecube and other games? There's way too many unanswered questions here, I get the impression Nintendo aren't fully decided themselves.

On another note, the GB Micro looks cool. Like a whole new category of portability, if its priced right I'd be tempted even though I already have a DS.

EGS view on it excellent article.

That article pretty much sums how i see it.

/one thing that i thought of today in work was pricing of PS3 and Xbox 360 tbh im thinkg 500ish and thats selling at a loss if current hardware prices are anythging to go by, now having seen Rev thats like a 199 machine imo.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Rew wrote:
    Any N64 Emulation iv seen on the PC has been fairly crap...

I dont know what emulator you were using but project 54 is awesome. Even better than the real thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Tusky wrote:
    It would just act as a MASSIVE incentive to buy the revolution over the other consoles.
    I think the only people it's a massive incentive to are Nintendo fans, who would probably have bought this console anyway. I had the entire SNES catalogue of ROMS, but I never owned an original SNES (my last console was made by Atari). I deleted them all after about a week. They didn't have the same appeal to me my Amiga ROMS, which were the games I had grown up playing. Offering the back catalogue of games is a great reward to all the fans who have stuck with them over the years, but I don't think it really has that wide an appeal. How many people will pay for 10 year old games if they never heard of them the first time around?

I really hope there's more to the Revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Thraktor wrote:

Well I doubt they will be free anyway.
    You can already get some nes games on the game boy and they are about €15-€20 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

That conference was brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rew wrote:

jeusus...that looks...plain.

I think its suppoed to TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Rew wrote:
    I think its suppoed to TBH

It's ok I suppose but if it's really the size of an ipod mini the screen must be tiny.
    Don't really see the advantage over a GBA SP.

bush wrote:
    I dont know what emulator you were using but project 54 is awesome. Even better than the real thing

Project 64 yeah? Downloaded it, and it is the mutz nutz. Dosn't dod the sjy very well in Goldeneye level 1 I remember it being a day mission but the sky is black in the one I have. Must try it with my friends joypad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rew wrote:
    Project 64 yeah? Downloaded it, and it is the mutz nutz. Dosn't dod the sjy very well in Goldeneye level 1 I remember it being a day mission but the sky is black in the one I have. Must try it with my friends joypad.

Bah, project 64 isn't great. The only game that runs close to (my standard of)
    faithful is mario 64. I bougth an N64 because the emulators weren't great. Try playing F-zero X or donkey kong 64 on it to see what I mean. Also there's just something magical about those N64 blurry graphics that you just don't get anywhere else. It makes zelda more... magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's it? They revealed pretty much nothing then. I wonder why? Maybe because it would have paled in comparison to the other two, or maybe they really do have something up their sleeves. I'm leaning more towards the former tbh. Where is the revolution? What is the revolution? A bland shiny dvd box with piss poor power compared to the other 2. Don't worry though, you can play cube, n64 and snes games. Woop de doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you wait..........yea! just wait.

there will be a spaceworld this year. i guarantee it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

bizmark wrote:
    it was **** you could play as the princess mario etc

otherwise known as super mario transvestite ;)

I do wonder if the reason for not showing the controllers is because they are stereoscopic glasses? Why would nintendo go to the trouble of patenting all the 3d technology without using it in the next gen console market? and the interviews with all those directors hinted that a stereoscopic 3d system? Its not ps3 or xbox 360 yet that we know of.

I was fairly 'meh'd too. but backwards compatibility is a plus imo.

Roll on summer next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Isn't there more tomorrow? Surely there is...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I think the conference proper starts tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

no the show starts tomorrow!! thats just the bit where you try out all the stuff. all the announcements are done. Nintendo said the controller wouldnt be shown a few weeks back.

Advertisement