Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave - out of exile, album

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I heard Be Yourself a while back, and thought it was fairly awful....sub U2 radio rock fluff, predictable as hell, standard Morello wah solo, blech. Then I heard Your Time Has Come, which is basically Cochise rehashed (nice solo though), so my hopes weren't too high for this album. First album had it's moments but was overall quite mediocre, just sounded like Cornell singing over a bunch of 2nd rate RATM riffs.

Well OOE is definitely an overall improvement. Apart from the aforementioned two tracks (which I maintain are dire) this is quite decent, and there's been a definite reconciliation between the band and Cornell, they fit together a lot better this time. The sub Rage riffs are fewer this time 'round, and it's a lot more cohesive. So I think it would warrant a 7/10 overall probably, as I still think it pales in comparison to anything by the member's previous bands. Also, Cornell's lyrics sound a bit silly in places, and sometimes it sounds like his heart isn't really in it. So yeah, not a bad effort, but indicative of the state of the mainstream rock scene that something so unspectacular as this will inevitably sell so well...am I being harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I loved the first album, mainly because of the slowed stuff which I wasn't expecting at all.

Are there many slower songs on the new album aka. 'i am the highway' etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I really do like the new stuff but I still prefer their first album. I cant wait to see them at Oxegen it's been such a long time since I've seen them live :D

Advertisement